Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Tomorrow is my pick...

I know most of you are used to me sucking at keeping up with my blog but I still feel like I need to apologize. So...sorry. I have come home almost everyday for the last two-three weeks and sat on my butt on the couch. So there is really no reason for me not to walk into the spare bedroom, sit down at the computer and create a new post but it just didn't happen.

Obviously, I am still pregnant. I really didn't want all my posts to just be about pregnancy so maybe that is why I haven't posted lately...since that is ALL I think about. I get a break at school...I have to think about what I am going to teach and I have to think about not hurting some of my students and I have to think about not being mean to my coworkers everytime they say "You're still here???" (No, idiot face, I am not here...that's why I am still big and pregnant and standing right in front of you) So I do get to think of some other things during the day but when I get home all I think about is when she is going to get here.

At Thanksgiving we all picked days that we thought Blake would arrive. My day is tomorrow. I don't think it's going to happen. I feel pretty good. I have been having some contractions, mainly in my back, but nothing that is going to lead to a baby being forced out of a tiny opening. Oh yeah, I've been thinking about that a lot too. God has been teaching me about a lot about patience and giving up control these last few days. So for now, I sit calmly waiting for her arrival. I will not be bitter if she does not come tomorrow. I will not be bitter if she does not come tomorrow. I will be bitter if she comes on Ryan's day...January 3rd. Thanks Ryan. I love you babe. Even though that is a really stupid guess.

9 comments:

robin said...

Hi Mere! It's so funny reading your blog because I had one almost identicle last september! It's so hard at this point....and the STUPID things ppl say....uuuuuggggg!

She will be here before you know it and you will hardly remember what you did with your life before her! Keep your chin up and RELAX...just sit and do nothing :) you deserve it right now!! :)

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

Gee Ryan...not only is that guess way off but it's pretty mean if you ask me. Meredith- so glad you are so close (i know you are to!) People say some really dumb things. Little comments like "You look really tired or you look really worn out" get major dirty looks from me. Waiting for your big day. I think Blake will be a Christmas Eve girl. Hmmmmmm....

Courtney said...

She'll be here! Take advantage of moments where you can sit on the couch. :) But, remember, unlike everyone tells you, you will eat, sleep, and have time to yourself in the future. Life is good with precious, little ones!

You look beautiful, ignore the comments! We can't wait to meet Blake!

Shauna said...

I am dying laughing right now! I will also hate ryan if she waits until Jan 3rd! That is just stupid.

I know that you have a few more words that you would like to say to the people at work...just keep them in...you will be glad you did! Ohhhh - I cannot wait for Blake to be here. I think that I am hormonal because I am tearing up right now! So thrilled for you!

Shauna said...

OH oh - and Robin - I need your blog address!

Shauna said...

so - did we get a baby yesterday?

Anonymous said...

hey friend- my guess is that Blake will be born on... December 27th!! YEAH i can't wait until next thursday!

Anonymous said...

oh sorry anonymous AKA joni

Anonymous said...

The sooner the better - I'm ready to meet baby Blake.