Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 08, 2008

Recipe for Disaster

1 car seat (lightly seasoned)
As I was driving down the Interstate this morning about 15 min from the house and 10 minutes from school I realized that Blake's car seat was in my car and Ryan was at home with Blake.

1 empty jump drive with 2 sides of missing back-up cds
I needed to print a quiz and some notes when I got to school. Two weeks ago my jump drive (with ALL of my stuff from the five years I have been teaching) worked fine. Last week there was nothing on it. My computer was re-imaged one night and my jump drive was in the back... wiped it clean. Luckily I had two back up discs from 2006 and 2007 with most of my stuff. So this morning all I needed to do was get the info off one of the back-up discs. I couldn't find them ANYWHERE....

1 new quiz and a heaping tablespoon of copy machines
I quickly created a new quiz and decided to forget the notes. I get class started and run down to the copy machine to make the copies for the day. I start class about 10 minutes later than usual.

A fresh squeezed open house
As I am frantically making copies I hear our secretary say she is just about finished making copies for tonight's open house. "sh**" I completely forgot about open house.

Roast the five failing pre-ap students in the oven at 300 degrees
After I flew home during my second period conference to take the car seat to Ryan (I actually ended up dropping Blake off since I was going right by her babysitters), I had to come back to school, regroup and prepare to have a serious discussion with my pre-ap class about work ethic... since five of them are failing after two weeks of school.

Cool the car in the rain for a few minutes before attempting to serve
I met Ryan and Blake for supper before open house at seven. When I got back to school it was raining and there were tons of parents there already for 7th grade open house. I parked in the back of the school right by an unlocked door. I hopped out of the car tried to shield my super new leather school bag from the rain and ran to the door. I turned to lock my car and couldn't find my keys anywhere. Why?? Because they were still in the ignition and my car was still on.

Serving size: Big enough to last me for awhile

6 comments:

suetmom said...

Great post! Sometimes I think you missed your calling as a writer.

Calista said...

Wow! That made me tired just reading it. Hope today was a better day for you. I miss you. I haven't seen you in forever. Maybe when things settle down we can get together. Have a good one.

Shauna said...

Nice.....real nice.....

robin said...

LOL!!!!

dang tech ppl!!!!

Tricia said...

LOL!!! Great post! You crack me up!

Joni said...

I am here friend I just can't find my stupid phone!!! Call me at my house!!