Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, October 19, 2009

Day Off...

I took a day off from school today...mental health day. When I called in for a sub, I chose "personal business." I didn't feel good about choosing "personal sickness" because I'm not sick, just sick of school...Ha! (I hope my principal isn't reading this.)

Well, I finally made a freaking header for my blog. It took me two hours. I think I found my new hobby. Yeah right. I know that I shouldn't design blogs like my bff Shauna for many reasons. But I think if I went to blog design 101 they would tell you to pick your background and then make a header to match it. I did it the other way around. It took F-O-R-E-V-E-R to find a background to match. When you are cheap and want to get it all for free, it doesn't end up perfect but this was my first go at it. I think I may get better....or I may have this blog design for 20 more years.

Yeah, yeah, yeah... but really Meredith, where the heck have you been?? Well, thanks for asking!

We packed up all of our belongings, Blake, two dogs and a cat and moved to Abilene! We really love it so far and everything with our move has gone amazingly smoothe. I got a job teaching 8th grade at the beginning of June and had to be in Abilene by August 13th. We moved our stuff on August 9th and we closed on our house on August 12th. Ryan went back to Fort Worth to finish up with his job and then he moved somewhere around the 16th or 17th. Then after a little searching, Ryan found a job too. The last piece of the puzzle is not happening as quickly as the others......we have not found a house yet and we are still living with my parents.
Which is totally awesome, don't get me wrong. My dad cooks every night and there is a cleaning lady who comes every other week AND we have live in babysitters! Amazing!!! It has been like a vacation. We have been looking at houses and haven't quite found the right place yet. But we will...someday. Because, we can't live with my parents forever...or can we? More news to come.

IF you are reading this, thanks for not giving up on me! Here are some pics of the last few months. We've tried to change a few things about our life since moving to Abilene.(ps-if you think my blog is ugly, don't tell me.)
Blake with her nanny. We've really started watching the kinds of food we give Blake. Here she is enjoying some brownie mix for supper.
One day Blake told us she was going to run away. We just wanted her to be prepared. P.S. Her shirt says Dear Jesus, please holla back.
Since moving to Abilene, I have tried to avoid the there-are-no-cute-stores-here-so-you-can't-possibly-dress-cute-all-the-time stereotype. Heather looks good too.
Blake has made a lot of new friends since moving to Abilene, here she is with one of them...so cute. And I don't want to hear any comments about the pacifier in her mouth...it had been a long day, I think.
And finally, our cleaning lady at work.

12 comments:

Jennifer said...

you. are. hilarious.

kristin fulghum said...

man, sounds like life in abilene is pretty darn exciting. love the new blog!

Tricia said...

Hi Mere! I miss you!!! So good to read about what is going on...I keep thinking I am going to call and haven't sorry! Hope everything keeps going well!

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

Meredith! So glad to hear from you. Love the blog. Love the pics. Love the pacifier. I had one of those days to, except mine consisted of feeding Kate Nerds candy to make her stop whining. i'm a dynamite Mom I know. Miss you guys!

Macy said...

You did great on the design. I suck! Have tried a few times and just end up using one I am not crazy about. If it makes you feel better, Meg is almost 2.5 and still uses a paci for naps and when I am trying to talk on the phone driving etc. I swore we would be through with it at 2!

Lissa Michelle said...

Glad you're blogging again. Glad you like your new "home" without a home. Glad you took a mental health day. Love your background/header!

Lori said...

We secretly want to move to abilene again, so i'm a little jealous and we live with micah's parents still (just passed the 6 month mark!) so amen to the live-in babysitters! we are actually under contract on a house, so our glory days are about to end. great to hear from you.

annalee said...

thank goodness you updated. i needed some entertainment today and you definitely know how to make a girl laugh. blake's running away t-shirt is my favorite laugh of all.
ps- love the blog design!!!

Kim said...

HA! You always crack me up! Glad yall are in A-town again! Now we just need to figure out some time to get together! Can Blake come clean our house...thinking about cutting back on our cleaning lady! ;) And tell Blake to bring her new friend...she's a "doll!", too! She'd be a great help! :)

Leslie said...

I love reading your blog. So entertaining.

melissa said...

so glad you're blogging again. miss you guys!

Randi Freeby said...

So great to read about you guys. I, too, made the mistake of making the header first and then the background so, I had to start over and do a whole new one. I was mcuh faster the second time around. Yours is great! I totally miss you around here but, I LOVE the fact that you are near family. There is nothing in the world better than family time, in my opinion. Keep us updated on the house hunt.