Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, June 06, 2008

Citizen's Arrest

Thank you so much for the comments on the last post. I checked almost everyday to see what people were saying. I agreed with every single one of them! I was worried that what I was trying to say wouldn't make sense but it seems that most of you agree! After reading those comments I have decided thatI am going to try to be more "myself" in hopes to get others to do the same. Then we wouldn't have to have the "first date" feeling as much. So if I start to be too wheels off crazy just tell me and I'll reel it back in.



Yesterday was my first day of summer. Blake and I had a great day of hanging around the house doing absolutely nothing. My allergies have been killing me since the wind started blowing 829 mph two days ago so I have been a little lethargic. Today I did one of the things on my list (see post from a few weeks ago) and I had cereal and coffee before the day actually began. It was great! I was also very wife-ish and went to the grocery store, cleaned the kitchen, did laundry, made lunch and made supper. Look out!! I may have set the standard a little bit high on this first day of summer. But we'll see.



On Tuesday Blake and I went to the library so I could get a library card. While I was getting her out of the car I heard a dog barking. I could tell it was a little dog but I couldn't see where it was. So while I was getting Blake in the stroller I looked around the parking lot and realized the dog was in a car behind mine. The car was not on and it was like 100 million degrees outside. So I strolled Blake over and looked in the back and saw a little weiner dog in a crate in the back of a car. The windows were rolled down about a half inch. Are you kidding me???? I am surprised the dog had enough energy to bark as much as it was. So I immediately started hatching out a plan of how I was going to bust this person. As soon as I turned to march into the library and demand to speak to the owner of a grey chevy trailblazer I saw a cop. So I waved my arms around like an idiot and told her the situation. I told her that I would take care of it and I would be glad to drive the perp downtown myself but she seemed to want to handle it her way. While I was getting my library card she had them page the lady (which Iwas totally going to do too) and talked to her nicely (which I would NOT have done) and asked her to take the dog home BEFORE she spent an hour in the library with her kid. What an idiot!!!

This is a picture from Blake's first trip to the Ranger's game in April. It was a little cold that night.

Here she is at her second visit to the ballpark. Sunny, hot and this is the night when the 829 mph. winds started.

6 comments:

annalee said...

wow, you are super summer mom! i'm so happy for you that it is here.
and as for the friends post, truer words have never been written. i loved reading all your comments too. it was encouraging for me as well.
hope you have a great day!

Sara S. said...

Oooh, your first day of summer sounds like my dream life!! So excited for you! Yes, keep being "real" on your blog. I think it inspires everyone to do the same!

BTW, I am so proud of you for saving that poor dog's life. I had to scroll down fast because I was worried about the ending of that story. I wish more people were like that.

suetmom said...

Hey Mere, great save on the dog! You make me proud! It is pouring down rain and cold in this lovely Italian city...wish for a little sun and wind to dry things out. Dad says hi.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Mere. But I wish you had gotten ahold of the lady instead of the cop. Why would someone do that to a dog?

Anonymous said...

Hey Meredith! Just call me whenever you're up for the zoo or lunch this summer. Alex is looking forward another date with Blake!

robin said...

sounds like things are eventful!!!

We're heading to the library in a min ourselves...should i take a badge???