Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Father's Day Ryan

Well, here I am...as always... a day (or two) late and a dollar short but better late than never. (Wow, two sayings in one sentence. Amazing. That should be my motto.)

Twenty reasons why I love my husband...
1. He looks ridiculously good in shorts.
2. He is one of the most sincere people I have ever met.
3. He tells me I look good without makeup.
4. He loves God.
5. He is crazy too.

6. We both think the same things are funny. (which are not always funny to other people)
7. He makes me try to be a better person.
8. He opens my car door... even after (almost) five years of marriage.
9. He holds my hand when we are just lounging on the couch.
10. When I am away or he is away from home he calls at least once a day just to say hi.
11. He does not judge people when they make mistakes. Which is why he is really good at his job. (For those of you that don't know his job...he is a counselor for kids, and their families, that are on probation and who also have a mental health disease like ADD, ADHD, bipolar disorder etc.)
12. He talks in voices that make me laugh sooooo hard.
13. He loves me.
14. He is the greatest dad to Blake.
15. He is good at sports and likes to play sports with me.
16. He is hot.
17. He makes me pancakes and coffee on the weekends. Or if he doesn't feel like cooking then we go to Old South.
18. He is my best friend and I can tell him anything.
19. He loves to travel.
20. He loves me even when I am not being very lovable.

**This list is in no particular order.

And Happy Father's Day to MY dad!! Who is in Spain right now with my mom. But I am not jealous AT ALL. Not even a little.


Now, I am copying my sister but here are the reasons I love my dad.
1. It takes a LOT to make him angry.
2. He is funny.
3. He likes wierd things.
4. He is definitely one of the smartest people I know. If I were on W.W.T.B.A.M? he would be my phone a friend.
5. He used to come watch all of my tennis matches when I was playing. (So did my mom)
6. He had funny nicknames for me when I was young...the most common? Shatzi (sp?) I think it's german or something.
7. He loves all of the grandkids and is great with them.
8. He loves to work out and sometimes spurs me on without knowing it because I'm like "Ok, if my dad can run a marathon surely I can run a half."
9. He is adventurous.
10. He is kind to people. Even ones that he has not seen in a long time but still call the house to talk to him almost everyday.
11. He gives good advice.
12. He's very photogenic. (Come on, dad, you know that made you smile.)
13. He would do anything for me or Heather or my mom.
14. He pretty much used to do everything for me. (I was a little spoiled)
15. He is a very good teacher.

This is my dad putting Laine through the window because they were locked out. See... he is a good teacher.

My list had more than Heather's!!! nanny, nanny, boo, boo......






7 comments:

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

What a great way to tell the Dads in your life how important they are to you. As always very creative!

Courtney said...

Happy first Father's Day, Ryan!!!

Unknown said...

I've obviously never met your dad, but I love him because of that superman shirt!

Joni said...

Mere I love your new blog too!! Shauna rocks!!

heatherw said...

You just knew you needed more than me because I'm the favorite!

suetmom said...

We have been without computer access for a few days, so I´m going up right now and get your dad to read your blog....that is if he isn´t already in bed! He will love your comments.

Joni said...

B no! No! on eating plastic! but how exciting that she is moving around so well! Mere I just got done working out again, and before you get too proud of me know that this was only the 4th time this week!! BUT it is better then a big fat 0 times, and me looking like a big fat 0 if I don't work out more:)hee hee