Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 22, 2006

barbra manatee...you are the one for me

I don't know what my problem is sometimes. All year long I wake up at 5:40. It's not easy but once I get up, I am fine. There have even been some mornings where I lay my head on the edge of the bath tub and tell myself that I can take a nap once I get home. It usually helps. This summer has been a completely different story. I can't drag my butt out of bed before 9:00 for anything. This morning, I needed to get up about 9:00. That would have been perfect. But no. I hit the snooze until about 9:40 and then finally got up when I realized that if I didn't I would be late to meet Heather and Jonathan. Then I learned my lesson. If only I would have hit the snooze one less time, there would have been a little less drama to deal with. You see, Lola had climbed up on the bed at some point this morning and was sleeping soundly until we got up. Then I was in the bathroom and suddenly heard her gagging. I ran into the bedroom to find that she had "spit up" a little (barf is not the appropriate word because it was mainly clear...) on Ryan's pillow. I laughed a little and then proceeded to take the sheets and his pillowcase off thinking that it was a little gross but mainly funny. Then I stepped around to my side of the bed where she had spewed all over the bedspread and the floor. Thanks Lola. Thanks for teaching me such a valuable lesson. I will, from this point forward, never hit the snooze more than three times. You are so wise for a chocolate lab. I learn more from you the longer I am with you.

After that extravanganza I still managed to make it on time to catch a train with H & J and the kiddos to go to the Dallas World Aquarium. That place is awesome! I think that my favorite part is Barbara Manatee. She is so cool. I also really like all of the fish tanks from around the world. If you have never been, definitely put it on your to do list.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lola is wise...the other day she told me that if I exercised I might lose some weight...crazy dog!

robin said...

I probably need to come and listen to lola for a while! Have you thought about charging? She could be a real money maker!!!

Anonymous said...

i just want to tell you that i could probably sing the entire barbara manatee song. Connor likes to listen to songs on repeat, and we were lucky enough to have a b.m phase. and I don't mean bowel movement. or breast milk.

Shauna said...

I also love the BM song...we have been listening to it often lately! I also love the Dallas Aquarium - that is where Czarina's wedding reception was - it was awesome! We missed you today at our party but we may just have to have our own little swim party soon!

heatherw said...

We had fun too! Hope ya'll are having fun at the lake...Lola misses you so much she pooped on the floor!