Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, June 26, 2006

Gotta get in shape

It is official. Today started the first day of our new workout and healthy eating. Ryan and I pulled ourselves out of bed and ran this morning. I really like working out first thing in the morning because then it is over and you don't have to worry about it the rest of the day. So far, so good. We will see how long this lasts.

We decided this new routine was necessary after being at the lake this weekend with Ryan's family. Ryan felt chubby and I just felt flabby and out of shape. Nothing can get you motivated like being in public in a swimming suit. So here we go! I checked into some gyms around our house and I found a really good one but it is expensive! I really think that if I could find a good class to go to and I knew exactly what time I had to be there, I might be a little more committed to the gym. But then again, if I can't commit...I don't want to spend money to sit on my couch. Working out during the summer is not a problem. The real problem comes when school starts again and I can't make it to the gym when I need to and then I feel guilty about not going and then I stress out because I am spending money for something that I am not even using. Then the stress makes me want to eat and I get those cute little hot dogs right under my rear end. It's an endless cycle!!!!

3 comments:

Shauna said...

I am in that mode to Mere - I have lost 15 POUNDS!!!! Since I saw you last! Can you believe it? I am going to be a stick when you see me next - hopefully! Good luck on the gym hunt.

robin said...

Working in, working out is hard! there are always 100 reasons not to go ....but you do feel soooo much better when you go! I am working really hard at being devoted to it and it is a struggle! We'll be the best looking family in the state!!!!

Anonymous said...

isn't it funny after working out how you automatically feel like those smaller jeans in your closet are definately going to fit now and look great! of course this is coming from the girl who works out about once every season! maybe thats why those damn jeans still don't fit!