Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Taaaadaaaa

Here I am. I know, I have been baaaaaddd at posting lately. School started and you will never believe what happened. They blocked blogs at school!!! AAAHHH!! I knew it was going to happen eventually but I was just keeping quiet as a mouse wishing that they would forget. But no...I can no longer blog during my conferences anymore.

My students are so far, so good. No huge complaints yet. But to all the teachers out there, is it just a given that every year you are going to have one class that is completely ridiculous?? I have had one every year since I started teaching. This year, they just have started to rear their sweet, ugly heads a little earlier than usual. But we will survive, I have no doubt.

I just took Lola on a walk. It was enjoyable. I am wearing a pedometer and my goal is to walk at least 10,000 steps every day. Yesterday I walked about 14,000 but today I only barely made 9,000. As we were walking Lola, of course, stops to poop in someone else's yard. I was embarrassed and dramatically slapped my hand over my eyes in case anyone was watching so they would know that if I had known she was going to poop I would have brought a bag to put it in. (right) But what do you do? If I even did have a bag to pick the poop up in, do they really expect me to carry it with me on the rest of our walk? No thank you. I am totally cool with other dogs needing to poop in our yard if it is an emergency...but I am also not in charge of mowing.

4 comments:

robin said...

Everybody poops, it's just part of life! I don't mind either if a dog has to take a pit stop in out yard from time to time....I just ask that they spread the wealth and make sure that it isn't just our yard that becomes the poop central!

That really STINKS about your school blocking blogs. Do they expect you to work ALL day?

momsuet said...

I carry a plastic bag with me, but Chloe likes to run and when I realize that she has stopped to poop, I'm way on down the street. So, my good intentions are for naught.

heatherw said...

there is NO WAY I would pick up my dog's poop on a walk. Yeah my district blocks everything...one time I think I tried to go on too many restricted sites and I got a 10 minute time out. Yes they cut off my internet for 10 minutes, I felt so guilty I ran and told the tech guy on campus what I did.

Why don't my parents comment on my blog, I always knew they liked Mere more.

Anonymous said...

hey friend. just wanted to say i miss ya!! school started yesterday, so i guess i will talk to you next summer:(!!!