Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 28, 2006

Half marathon...shmaff marathon

Whatever that means...Okay I am making this official so that everyone can hold me to it and bug me about training and make me feel guilty if I quit...Ryan and I are going to run a half marathon in Austin. Now, I know you will all want to come and watch...you can actually get a triple whammy because Heather is running too (no backing down now)...but the marathon isn't until February. I think. See, I don't even know when it is, how serious can I be??? But we did just do our first "official" pretraining run. We ran for 20 minutes and I felt good when we were done. Granted it is 8:45 and today was the first day it was under 100 in like 3 months but hey, we did it.
When we first got married we trained with a running store here and ran every Saturday morning at 6:00. I think the furthest I ran was 5 miles. In case you didn't know, a half marathon is 13.1 miles (isn't it?) That is a whole 7 miles further than I have ever run in my life. But have no fear...I ran for 20 minutes tonight!!! There's no stopping me now!
But I can do it...right??? If my dad can run 2 marathons and several half marathons surely I can run one. Seriously, I am almost one third his age and both he and my mom are in better shape than me. (Ya'll can thank me later for writing that.) But not for long. You all now know of my plan and when it is written in blog world it is truth. There is no turning back...see you in February.

13 comments:

Chesley said...

Wow! Meredith I think that is super that you are running a marathon half or whole. I think the most I have ever run at a time is 5 miles and that was about 8 years ago. I remember waking up the next day and my body was beat. I can't wait to see how it goes in Feb. I'll be cheering you on from my living room. :)

robin said...

And I was dreading labor! GO MERE GO! WOW! I'm not going to be running beside ya but I'll definitely do my part of cheering for y'all!

Shauna said...

What is written in the "Enter Original Title Here" is truth...that is for sure! I am very excited for you and your marathon - I will not be running any marathons any time soon so I will just live through you for a while! I love you friend!

Courtney said...

Sounds exciting! If anybody can do it, you two can!

Anonymous said...

Go Mere Go!

momsuet said...

I love it! Road Trip!!!
I'm feel certain your Dad will be joining you, I however, will be cheering you on. Loved the compliment!

heatherw said...

I'm starting to get excited, I'll get there soon. We ROCK.

Anonymous said...

Dude, we better start running...sorry I've been so lazy. I think I really do like staying fat...

Anonymous said...

Mere and Ryan I myself am very proud of the both of you!! I think Beau and I should take a little road trip down there too so we can be beside Sue to cheer you on!

Hey Sue my arm is still a little sore from doing all that painting!!:)

Anonymous said...

NEW BLOG PLEASE!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you don't wait as long to come see Reegan as you have to write a new blog.

Shauna said...

mere - I am back to blogging - where are you?

heatherw said...

Mere you're being a lame blogger!