Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Think positive...

It is now 10:44 and I am just now starting to feel tired. This is a normal time to feel tired for most people but not me...not when I have to start school tomorrow and I need to go to sleep! I still have to take a shower and decide what I am wearing tomorrow...that is another story in itself, we have these shirts that everyone from our school wears to convocation and I don't even have words to describe what it looks like on me. I borrowed Heather's camera so hopefully I can get a good picture and post it.

I have to wear khakis (sp?) tomorrow...is it weird that I don't really like khaki pants? I don't own a cute pair so that just makes my outfit for tomorrow that much worse. My life is sooo awful...just kidding.

We had a great girls weekend. It was just what I needed! I loved seeing all of my friends and just getting to hang out with them...no interuptions. We did lots of fun things and laughed a lot. I hope that I can post some pictures soon. I took them on my really fancy disposable camera so I will have to try to scan them onto the computer. The only problem is we don't have a scanner.

My goal for my life right now is to be more positive. I think that I am usually a pretty positive person (if you don't agree I don't want to hear it) but lately I have been griping about stupid stuff. I think it just becomes a habit and I need to quit. A verse I read in James last night really stuck with me: "Those who consider themsleves religious and yet do not keep a tight rein on their tongues deceive themselves, and their religion is worthless. Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this...keep oneself from being polluted by the world."
That is what I am right now...polluted. My first challenge will be tomorrow morning when I am putting on my silly outfit for my first day....think positive...and then when I get to school and I know that every other girl will be complaining too....think positive I need to stay above that! Think positive...khakis and an ugly shirt can't bring me down!!!!!

8 comments:

Shauna said...

I hope that your day is going great today! I loved seeing you, friend. Also, I have an idea for you - when you get the fancy camera processed - just have them make it into a CD for you! :) Easy easy! Love ya!

heatherw said...

Hope you had a great day, maybe having everone in the ugly shirt made it not so bad???

robin said...

I understand the ugly shirt thing...most maternity clothes fit into that category! You're so cute that people look past the ugly shirt! :) See you soon!

Anonymous said...

i feel a little polluted too!! sorry about the ugly outfit you had to wear, but i bet you made it look good! miss ya friend!

Chesley said...

Hi Meredith! I found your blog through traveling other blogs. I am addicted! I should be folding clothes or doing the dishes and I am blogging. I am sorry about your outfit you had to wear to school. I don't think you could look terrible in anything. You are always so fashionable and cute. Good Luck this school year!
Chesley

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with your kids tomorrow!!

Anonymous said...

Girl...you so hot!!!

Courtney said...

I think you're one of the more positive people I know! You do a great job of that. And, despite the outfit, we were laughing and telling Ryan the other day about how all the 8th grade boys get to your class, high five, and say, "Score!" when they see their teacher. : ) We're going to miss you while we're on softball break!