Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I shouldn't have left you without a dope beat to step to

Quick update:
1. I am still alive.
2. We are still training for the marathon. We are currently running 3 miles 4 times a week. The real training starts at the end of October.
3. I still can't blog at school which is the main reason for such a long hiatus.
4. Lola got spayed today.
5. My cousin Robin had her sweet baby and it is really too bad that she is not cute at all... :) (just look at her pictures on www.lefttexas.blogspot.com)
6. I am still alive.

Now...I really need a second title for this next part of my entry...it would probably be something like: Dustbunnies and Crotch-less panties. Don't worry friends this is not x rated.

This weekend Ryan went to Oklahoma to see his sister and brother-in-law who just moved back from Oregon and I had to stay here because I was playing in a tennis tournament. So Friday night I decided to deep-clean our bedroom. I bought a new duvet cover, put that on, rearranged some decorations and then decided to rearrange the furniture. We have wood floors in our room and when I vacuum I usually take the hose and stick it under the furniture. However, I guess this isn't the best way to do it because when I moved our dresser there was a hairball the size of a ferret! I guess I now know why they are called dustbunnies. If this thing had legs it could easily defend itself in the wild. Since Ryan wasn't there and I watch a lot of CSI, I took a shoe placed it next to the hairball so that he could determine the size and I took a picture with my phone. I really wish I could post it on here but it just isn't possible.

As I continued my cleaning frenzie I noticed that there were about 5-6 pairs of my underwear (**the no panty line kind) laying on the floor. I knew they couldn't be clean so I tossed them into the laundry basket. When I picked up the 6th pair I noticed something a little peculiar. The most vital part of the underwear was gone! Lola has taken it upon herself to start up a business where she makes crotchless panties by chewing out the well, the crotch...of course. What the heck, Lola??? The crotch is the most important part!! I mean, couldn't you chew out the tag or something? That would be helpful...but chewing out the crotch? Come on...
But I'm a glass half full kind of girl...what better reason to go on a new panty shopping spree! By the way, when it was all said and done, she had chewed a grand total of 11 pairs of panties.

I hope you all haven't completely given up on me! Even though you are few, you are loyal!

10 comments:

Shauna said...

The few and loyal we are!!! Sorry about the panty episode. That is a bummer. Dogs seem to have fetish with this kind of thing.

I miss you my friend - we must see each other again very soon. I love you!

heatherw said...

So Ryan wasn't digging Lola's new business adventure "Crotchless panties bt Lola"? I'm sure it could be a money maker!

Anonymous said...

How do you know it was Lola? Maybe it was Ryan. Just a thought. HURRY UP AND GET HERE.

robin said...

Grrrr...don't you just love lab puppies! I can't WAIT for y'all to come visit!!!!!!

Courtney said...

Okay, seeing the picture of your dust bunny was about as scary as some of the things I've seen on CSI. You are hilarious! It was fun to catch up with you and Ryan last night and I look forward to seeing you Thursday!

Anonymous said...

Alright Linda...very funny. Why would I chew the middle out of cotton panties when Meredith has a plethora of edible undies for me to munch on...honestly!

Anonymous said...

Oh my. Things that make ya go hmmmmm....

Shelly said...

HA HA HA! I laughed so hard at the crotchless panty story!! What a hoot! Tra and I got to catch up with Ryan at church Sunday but we missed talking to you! Sounds like marathon training is in full swing. Maybe we can chat more tomorrow! Have a great day--
Shelly

Anonymous said...

Hey friend, even though I haven't been commenting I am still loyal!! Even though that was the second time I had heard those stories, I still laughed hard. Oh and by the way Marcus says "hey" :) Well I love ya friend blog again soon!!

Anonymous said...

where are you friend?? i need you to post again!!