Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, February 16, 2007

BIIIIIIIIGGGGG MISTAKE

I made a HUGE...huge mistake this week. I am used to making small mistakes pretty much everyday but it has been awhile since I have screwed the pooch as bad as I did this week. I would like for you to take a minute and think about the last time you made a huge mistake. I'm not talking about something bad that happened TO you, I'm talking about something that YOU did, something YOU had control over. ( If this is bringing back terrible memories, please forget your mistake and live vicariously through mine.)

Ok...so, we have been training for a half marathon since about October. I have known since then that we were going to run the Austin Marathon, which is this weekend, since OCTOBER. We have been running every week, long runs on the weekend, I checked the website to see how much is cost to register, I even saw that there was a date when the price went up and I told all of my friends so they would be sure to register on time. ( do you see where this is going already?) So, even though I have known for approximately 5 months that I would be running this particular half marathon on this particular weekend...I forgot to register. So, I get on the website this week to see when late registration is and the half marathon is FULL and they are accepting NO MORE ENTRIES!!!!!!! WHAT???!!!???? I flipped. Not just a little. I am talking panic attack, flip out. I called Ryan and I think I hung up on him in mid-sentence so that I could call my mom and I was able to choke out what happened and I was so delirious that I couldn't find my Dad's number on my phone and almost called Durham bus services because it was right below Dad. Finally, I composed myself and called the Austin marathon people and said surely this is a mistake, I mean, I'm nice, I screwed up and can you PLEASE let me in??? Did I mention that this means Ryan isn't registered either and we are meeting my sister, dad, sister's friend, Audrey and others to run in this thing. So it's not like this just affected me and Ryan. I just wanted to let you know what type of screw up scale we are talking about here.

So we are still going. We are still running. But we are registering for the full marathon because there are still 850 spots for the marathon. Are we running the full marathon uhhhhh...no. We are just paying $120 each for the full marathon (instead of $60 each for the half) and we are only running the half. Sounds cool, right? I am such an idiot.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mere, that sucks BAD! I am so sorry. Good luck with your race!

Shauna said...

whats up with you and megan - my two best friends - screwing up their marathon running????????? JK - hope the marathon went well.

Anonymous said...

NO Mere, say it isn't so!! Very frustrating I'm sure. Run Mere Run.

Anonymous said...

And you did get signed up, and you did run and you did have fun----

Calista said...

Wow! That sucks!