Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, August 18, 2008

I've got my lunch packed up, my boots tied tight...




So tomorrow I'm back to school. I have been looking forward to this year with excitement and some mixed emotions.

First of all, I have to leave Blake. I went over to the house where she will be staying this year to get some things in order and it all sunk in. I had to work not to cry when we we drove away. Tomorrow will be her first day...I think she will love it. She loves to play and loves to be around other kids so I know it will be great.


Second, I have mixed emotions about the fact that I am ready to go back to work. I love Blake more than life but I have a hard time being a stay at home mom and I like to go work. And I hate that I have to justify that I go to work. I think it is great when mom's stay home. But I don't. And I always feel that I have to explain myself. Why do I work? Well, unless my house and car get paid off in the next 12 hours then I have to work. But I also really enjoy it. My ideal situation would be working part time. So if any teaching positions open up where I only have to work Tues, Wed, Thurs, sign me up!!


Third, I am the new 8th grade science department head...by default. My dept. head left and I was the only one with more than two years experience so they chose me. So this year will be COMPLETELY different. Our dept consists of me, two brand new teachers, another teacher who has taught one year but this is his first to teach science and a long term sub (until a teacher returns from maternity leave in Nov.) AND to top it all off, our school had some of the worst TAKS scores in the district. So, some pretty big changes to handle.


Tomorrow is coming whether I am excited or not. So, when your thinking of it, pray for my sanity and for Blake's new friends and for my sanity.

10 comments:

Tricia said...

Good luck tomorrow! I will pray for you and Blake. I think you are a great mommy and I think you are even better because you know that it is good for you to work right now.
Did you ever talk to Katie about those clothes?
love you!

Lori said...

I hope I don't get in a fight.

heatherw said...

being a mom is hard whether you stay at home or leave the house to work, that's why god made mommies extra tough!

Sara S. said...

I agree with your sister's comment. You definitely shouldn't have to justify why you work. You are an amazing mom. I hope everything goes well on your first day back!

Anonymous said...

Blake will love her new friends.
Think of it this way, quality not quantity. Department head. Low TAKS. Ewwwww....

annalee said...

thinking about you and blake lots today.
i'm so glad all your students get to have you for their awesome teacher and blake gets to have you for her awesome momma!

Lissa Michelle said...

meredith, i am so glad i have a friend like you who feels the EXACT same way i do. i will miss you so much this year...going through all the tough times and all the fun times together at school and getting the chance to talk about our "girls". and you are going to be an awesome dept head!!!! good luck this year! i miss you!

Natalie said...

Hope your first week back is going well!

Kristen said...

Cute pics! She looks a lot like you!

Shauna said...

I hope that school is going good for you. That was such a fun summer that we had together. We should do that again soon. Sheesh!