Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

When it rains it pours.

This phrase is often given a negative connation but at the Ware house this week it just means we are freakin' busy.

First, the reunion was this past weekend and was much more enjoyable than I expected it to be. I have pictures and more to say about it but I haven't loaded the pics yet and what's a story with no pics to back it up??



This week at our house is really busy. I have no clue why but we are probably doing more this week than we have all summer! For example, here is how my (and Blake's) summer has looked so far:
6:30 am Blake wakes up screaming because she is starving. She scarfs down 6-8 ounces and falls right back to sleep.
8:45: Blake wakes up for real this time and I drag my sleepy head out of bed.
9:30: After some playing and a little Mickey Mouse clubhouse we eat breakfast.
9:45: Hit the road for our walk.
10:20: Come home and play.
11:30: Eat again and time for nap number 1.
12:30: (Yep, only an hour) Blake is up and ready to play.
12:30-3:00: This is where our day can get pretty exciting. We might play, go to the grocery store, paint the hallway, clean the house and if we are feeling really wild and crazy we might go to Target.
3:30-ish: Fight to get Blake to take her second nap.
4:30: Blake wakes up from her nap screaming.
4:35: Blake goes back to sleep.
5:30: Blake is up and the day is almost done. Well, our (mine and Blake's) day is almost done because daddy will be home soon to play with us!



But not this week. This week has been and will be crazy. The good part is that it's packed full of fun stuff for us to do before I have to go back to school. There are a few boring things sprinkled in there too...
Monday: I met two new science teachers up at school for a few hours to help them out a little and give them some things to help start the year. Then, Heather invited us over for dinner because we missed Laine's b-day this weekend due to the reunion and my dad was in town.

Today: Nothing, really. We have Ryan's softball game in a little bit.

Wed: Go up to school around 9:00 to start working on my room. Ryan has to take Blake to the doctor at 9:45 due to a myterious diaper rash. Training from 11-1:00. Pick Blake up at Heather's and go swimming with Heather and the kiddos.


Thursday: Lunch and swimming with Mary Catherine and Sara. Meet new science teachers at school again to talk about curriculum stuff. Meet with ex-department head and new teacher at Starbucks.


Friday: Leave to go out of town, AGAIN! We have been out of town the last four weekends! Yikes! It's been fun. Just crazy, crazy, crazy!

Here are a few pics from our last few weeks:Blake at our favorite pizza place in Ruidoso.

Riding her giraffe in her bedroom.

Going for a (tiny) wagon ride with her Uncle Bart.

One of the bears we saw across the street from our cabin in Ruidoso. I think we saw at least three different bears.

8 comments:

Mere Ware said...

What's up with the gigantic spaces?? How do you make those go away? When I edit and delete and backspace they still show up every time!!!!

heatherw said...

Blake looks SO long in that picture on the giraffe, she's a tall drink of water.

Tricia said...

Blake is so cute! Are you excited about starting work again? I hope we really get to talk to each other at some point. Love you !

Sara S. said...

I am honored that you have sheduled me into your busy week. I love all the pictures of Blake. I need that "no whining" sign for John (kidding). I can't believe you got that picture of the bears!

Can't wait till tomorrow!

Joni said...

I have that space issue too and it drives me crazy!!! B is getting so big! Tell her I love her so much and give her kisses from us!
Hopefully we will get to see ya'll in a couple months. Yippeeee!!

Amy said...

Seriously, do you guys ever stay in town? I want to hang out before you go back to school! Love the pictures of Blake, she is so cute!

Joni said...

I miss you too friend!! And yes I will come over tomorrow! Oh wait I can't b/c Beau has put like 450 miles between us. Stupid husband:)

Lissa Michelle said...

aw, meredith, blake is getting so big! i love the new pictures! i can't believe summer is over and that we never hung out. i go back to work this week. ugh! did you find a place for blake to go? i love reading your blog...you inspire me to keep up with mine, but then i forget about it the next day. lol!