Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 14, 2008

You Say It's Your Birthday...

It's my birthday too!! Today was a great birthday. Even though when you get older your birthday just doesn't feel the same as it use to. I don't know how to explain it but it's just a little different. But today was awesome. And so was last night. I am notorious for trying to make my birthday last as long as possible but this time it wasn't really up to me. My mom was in town and wanted to take us out for my b-day on the 13th since she wouldn't be here today for dinner. So we had supper at Ocean Rock which is my favorite seafood place. It was great but the dinner actually ended up being Jonathan's treat so...thanks mom for the effort and thanks Jonathan for the birthday dinner!!
On to my actual birthday, I woke up a little later than usual because Ryan got up with Blake. Then they brought me my b-day card in bed and Ryan told me my birthday present was picking out a new bag for school this year. Yippee! I love new school bags! And I love shopping!

Then we went to breakfast at Old South, the greatest breakfast spot in Fort Worth! Not healthy...AT ALL... but what really good breakfast is healthy?? Ryan had to go to work (shmurk) so Blake and went to hang with Heather, the kids and my mom. We went to the park for a bit and then mom took me birthday shopping! yippee, again! Thanks, mom! So we all took off to the mall for a couple of hours.

I also really needed a haircut so while we were at the mall I made an appointment with a new guy which is always a little scary but Heather and my mom go to him so I felt pretty good about it. So Heather kept Blake and I got my hair did. He gave me a 25% discout since it was my first time in and 25% because it was my birthday!!! So I got a haircut and some product for $45!! What a great end to a super duper birthday!

8 comments:

suetmom said...

And the next question is.....How was your haircut?

Amanda said...

Happy Birthday...late!

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday! Let's see a picture of the new haircut!

Joni said...

Why didn't you call to remind me it was your birthday???!!! I am getting off here right now to call and sing you!! Sorry friend, love ya:)

Courtney said...

Happy birthday, Mere! All of our birthdays hitting has made me think. We need to plan a huge birthday bash for Ryan and John next year when they turn 30!!! We're getting old!

Joni said...

Happy Birthday Mere-Mere! I love you!

Hugs and kisses (to Blake)
Grant:)

Leslie said...

HEY! We have the same birthday!!! Happy birthday to you too!

Tricia said...

Happy Birthday! Did you get my message? I thought maybe we would actually talk on your bday, but no...just your message again. One day we will talk, I hope. I love you!