Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 09, 2006

Ode to My Lost Friends...

Shauna-even though we see each other like twice a year and live maybe 45 minutes away, you are still one of my bestest friends. It is great to have a friend that you can go sooo long without talking to and still everything is the same. I love you, your kids and our friendship. I will never forget the times you were there for me when I really needed you. Like the time I decided to put an animal cracker on David T's truck. (David, if you happen to read this...I had a HUGE crush on you my sophomore year. To everyone else reading this, yes I am weird.) Or the time that I was lost at the big house. Thanks for looking for me! I will also never forget "the" phone call our junior year that changed everything. I am glad you called me and I am glad that everything changed! You have such an amazing family! I love you Shauna!!!

Joni-I am so amazed at our friendship. You live one million miles from me and still I talk to you more than anyone else! Our friendship has evolved from just hanging out June, July and August. To talking almost every week long distance. I miss our trips to Target and the days that we just sat in the garage apartment and ate fruit roll ups. I think that someday we will live close again...as long as you can talk Beau into leaving Arkansas. I don't think we will come there. If it weren't for you, Joni, I am not sure that Ryan and I would be married right now. Thanks for being there when I was planning our wedding and keeping me from killing my sweet fiance. I am glad you don't look like an "L" anymore but those times sure were great! I miss seeing you, friend! I love you!!!

And to all of my other friends and family: I love you all and appreciate everyone of you for who you are. You have made me who I am today! To those of you I don't see or talk to much, I miss you and love you! To those of you that I do see, I love you too!

**If you feel as though you have been left out in some way, just voice your opinion in the comments section and your statements will be reviewed and commented on in a future blog. Thank you.

6 comments:

heatherw said...

Joni looks like an "L" hahaha! OK Joni if you're going to post comments on Mere's blog you have to comment on mine too. I think a blog on the greatness of sisters is in order, thank you very much.

Anonymous said...

"I love you, you love me, we're a happy family ..."

Shauna said...

I want to say thanks for the little tribute on "Enter Original Title Here" - it means so much to me! I love you so much Mere and I am so glad to be able to call you Friend. Oh, and in regards to the phone call...are you talking about "THE" phone call...the one before junior year ever began???

Shauna said...

oh - And I agree with Heather about Joni posting - Joni needs to post on shauna's blog too.

Anonymous said...

mere- thank you so much!! i guess i have to forgive you after that one friend. you mean so much to me and i don't think i could make it without your friendship. i love you!! and heather and shauna i am going to your blogs right now:)

Shauna said...

Mere - so did you get into this house that I see on Heathers blog....it is sooo freaking cute! Call me.