Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Yippee Skipppee

Great news first-I just got an email from my principal that says that our start time for next year is going to be 8:45!!!! I am soooo excited! Right now, I wake up at 5:20 and I get to school at about 6:30. Next year I won't even have to be at school until 8:15...which means I could sleep until like 7:00 or 7:15! Most of you know that I am a bit of a sleep nazi. I have to go to bed at a certain time because I wake up so early. A later start time is totally going to change that! I know that there are probably some down sides to starting later but I don't even want to think about them right now. Yes, it does mean that we won't get out intil 3:45 but I usually stay until 5 or 6 anyway and just because we get out later does not mean I am staying later! I can get to school early and get my stuff done if I need to. I AM SOOOO HAPPY! I just did some leaps through the hallway.

I got evaluated today. I didn't plan anything special. I just wanted to be evaluated on the regular running of my classroom...we'll see how that went when I look at my evaluation.

Sorry I haven't posted house pictures yet. Things still aren't finished and I don't want to take pics if the house isn't in order. I can't wait for everyone to see it. The drive in the morning isn't bad at all. At the apartment, I was always the only person leaving at 6:30. The parking lot was always completely full and everyone was tucked nicely in their beds. But now it actually makes me happy in the morning to encounter a little traffic. That way I know that I am not the only one going to work at the crack of dawn.

I'll post pictures soon!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn has never been my favorite time of day. I wouldn't mind it if it would be later in the morning. Hurry up with the pictures!

robin said...

Sleeping in a little later is the best! Half of my day is over after battling with myself to get out of bed!

I can't wait to see the house! I bet it's wonderful. Are the animals adjusting?

Anonymous said...

Yippee for you on getting more sleep!! i bet your students will like you better next year!!:) just teasing!! can you still feel sorry for me that my school will still start at 7:30??:( poor me!

Shauna said...

That is good news - for me too - we hate doing high school workshops in Keller because we have to be there so early! A later start time is great! Yea for you! Give me a call when you have a chance.