Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 06, 2006

Meredith....Where are you????

Here I am. My life has been one big giant ball of crazy lately. And most of it is because I made it that way! Most of you know my already hectic schedule, and the fact that we have a dog and I never should have taken two classes this semester while I am still coaching but add to all of that the fact that we got ROBBED last Tuesday and you have a pretty big pot of chaos.

Here is a list of things that I voluntarily put in my life that make it a little crazy:
1. The dog - I love her, I am not getting rid of her...but was it really the best choice for us right now???
2. Grad school - I really am glad that I am going back but somedays it's a lot of work
3. Coaching - I love tennis, I am not sure that I love coaching
4. Playing league tennis - It's fun but just one more thing to do on the weekends
5. Teaching 8th graders - They are fun...I think this one speaks for itself
6. Looking for a new place to live - actually the robbers made me do this one but I guess it still qualifies as voluntary because we could just stay in our crime infested home.

I am sure that this list is not complete but that is all I have for now. As for #7 Ryan and I are trying to be very smart about our decision to move into a new place. I think that we have decided to rent a house for a year so that we can have a little more money in the old savings account before we buy. There is one house that is a definite possibilty that I will post about later this week when I know more information. By the way, I will get to post quite a bite this week because we are benchmarking. ( I hope my administrators don't read this :)

Ryan and I also had the conversation about how God fits into our decision to rent or buy a house. It's not a situation where we can make a bad decision in God's eyes. I don't think that He is really worried about whether we rent or whether we buy. I think He just wants to be included in the decision. Most of the decisions I make on a day to day basis are not ones that require a lot of thought, so I just make them. I think that even if the decision is not one that would affect God or your walk with Him, He still just wants to be included. So I have been trying to do that with our renting situation. I think that when we do make the right choice we will know because we will have a peace about it that will come from our conversations with God.

Robin, Linda and Koby - If you read this, and I know you do :) Ryan and I wanted to apologize for not really getting to hang out much this weekend! We felt really bad because we were just all over the place...can you please forgive us???

4 comments:

heatherw said...

You and Ryan have made the most important decision of all, praying. I'm proud of you guys, I know life is hectic right now but you two are showing how a marriage devoted to God works.

Shauna said...

Hey Mere! I cannot believe you got robbed! That is crazy. And a good motivator to get out of an apartment. Even though, in reality, it is probably just as easy to get robbed in a house. Anyway! If you have a chance to call me, please do - I am sad we didnt get to hang out too much in Houston - and we need to catch up and get together. Miss you!

robin said...

You have so much going on in your life! Sometimes it's not the amount of time you spend with someone that counts, its the quality of that time! :)

Keep us posted. Y'all are in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

Mere, you know I would forgive you of anything. I was not concerned about the time this weekend, finding a house is much more important. I'm proud of you for praying about your home decision. Robin asked Koby and me what our favorite part of the weekend was. I said sitting upstairs on the bed with all the girls. xxooxx