Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 15, 2005

I have problem with commitment

You wouldn't think so (refer to title)...I'm married, I have a year lease on an apartment, I have two cats (they don't die until they are like 18) and I have friends. My problem is I always get really great ideas... and I don't follow through. Like when Ryan and I went to Europe this summer and took all these great pictures and I decided to make this really cool thing to put on our wall to display them. I went and bought all the supplies, got all the pictures ready and it is still sitting in my closet waiting to be put together (in December).

I will probably be very good at writing on this blog for approximately 2 weeks. Then I will quit. I don't consider myself a quitter but I will find something else to put my energy into. It also doesn't help that we don't have internet at home. No comment, we live in the stone age. No internet, no cable, no washer and dryer, our phone doesn't call long distance (but that is another post entirely). So I sit writing this with 26 8th graders staring at me. We are taking finals today so, what better time to start a new adventure in blog world.

So we'll see how long this lasts...I am betting on, 2-3weeks tops. Then I will become very sporadic. Any ideas from fellow bloggers on how to stay committed? I don't really expect a response from this question since no one in the world knows I have just created a blog. But we shall see...

ps- If there are spelling or grammatical mistakes please excuse me, I couldn't figure out how to spell check.

4 comments:

Shauna said...

I give you 2-3 weeks also! Just kidding - I have learned that comments on my blog keep me motivated to continue posting! My friends seem to hound me when I dont post for about a week. I promise to check your blog every day! It is going in my favorites right now and I am going to link to it from my blog - how do you like that! It is so fun if you just stick to it Mere!

You can do it!

Anonymous said...

Mere, you said you have the "amazingest" family. Is "amazingest" a word? I'm not arguing about your family. I happen to think we, I mean they, are amazing also. Our family is blessed to have three girls who are devoted to God, devoted to their husbands, and devoted to their families. I hope you can extend this devotion to your blog. Time will tell.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I like reading what you write...it was really interesting. I give you 2-3 days...just kidding. Thanks for blogging that you have the best husband, cause you do, and people need to know that. Have a good day and give me something else good to read soon.

Mommy Broom said...

Hey Girl< I'm just now getting around to your blog & it looks like you have already gave up? What's up w/ that. Don't let them be right. You made me sign up so that I could post a comment. Now who am I gonna blog with? Where are you? I've never blogged before. I guess I've to give up like you. Just Kidding. I will be checking up on you. Merry Christmas & Happy New Year! Tell Ryan that Kirk & I said Hello.