Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, December 16, 2005

Drama on the Kickball Field

I beat Ryan last night in scrabble for the second time in a row since we bought the game on Monday night. Ryan and I like to play games (I hope you don't mind me telling people that babe). But I am usually the one that convinces him to play and then he usually beats me.
I have always been a pretty competitive person, growing up playing a sport typically makes you that way. But I don't consider myself over the top.

Since we have been in off-season I have let my tennis players play kickball a couple of times. I can barely stand to watch. They get sooo dramatic. One boy today actually almost started crying because his team was losing and he usually wins. He was being really mean to this girl because she wasn't very good. Sometimes I wish that I could record the things they say and then play it back to them in ten years. How embarrasing would that be? I would hate to hear the things that I said when I was in middle school or even high school.

But that's what it comes down to doesn't it? Someday we are going to have our entire lives played back to us. Not just what we said in middle school but what we said and did the whole time we were alive. Will it be everything? Or will He just highlight the big things? Will I see all the times when undoubtedly I talked back to my teachers or my parents? Will I see everytime that I didn't include someone because they weren't cool enough or funny enough or cute enough? I think that this is when we are supposed to fear God. Just like in the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe when they are talking about Aslan. He is a nice lion but He is not tame.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

meredith,
i'm so excited about your blogs. you've got to keep it up! just thinking about middle schoolers playing kickball makes me laugh. you really wouldn't even have to say anything else, just leave it to the imagination! kickball is such a blast from the past am i right? Amy

Shauna said...

Hey Mere! I really hope that God does not torture us in Heaven with a play-by-play of our lives. That would be aweful! And I would be mortified to hear some of the things that I said as well as see some of the hair colors and cuts that I had!
Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Ohh if he does then I will sit in heaven with a red face and eyes pointed down for eternity. We had fun last night!
heather

Anonymous said...

Howdy Meredith! You really did it! Oh my...whipping up on your husband in board games. Mine says there is a reason they call them board...games. I don't have a washing machine either...it crumped last Monday but flooded the house before it went to the great washing maching garbage lot. And just in time for the holidays. Slosh...slosh. Looking forward to the next entry.

Anonymous said...

Wow Mere - what a thought. Please God, don't replay everything. We've all been mean to people, critical of them, left them out of things, intentionally hurt their feelings. Thank goodness we grow up and realize life isn't always about us.

Shauna said...

Friend....where are you...come on blogger!

Anonymous said...

Being a God of Love, I hope He will focus more on the positive things we have done for Him and for all of the people we come in contact with everyday. I know for a fact that God smiles down on you everyday for your commitment to His desires of faith and love. To use your example of Aslan, God sees the things that we don't. His focus is on greater things. His sacrifice turns our play-by-play bloopers into highlights.

Jaga said...

i like your blog,,