Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Blogging Sabbatical

By definition a sabbatical is a rest from work. I have not been doing that AT ALL. But I haven't been blogging...obviously. We are trying to get some stuff figured out in our lives and I thought taking a break from the blogging world would help but it really hasn't. So I'm back. And since it has been so long here is a list of things that have gone in my life during my "sabbatical". I hope this isn't boring...

1. My parents took Blake to Abilene for a long weekend so Ryan and I went to Dallas for a mini vacation.
2. I tried bubble tea for the first time...amazing.
3. We went to IKEA.
4. Worked in the yard...picking up leaves.
5. Mom got Blake a sand box and we filled it with sand and she plays in it all the time! It was a great purchase.
6. Made a list of things that need to be done around the house.
7. Cried because they stopped publishing Cottage Living.
8. Tried to join Facebook three times and it wouldn't let me...guess I'm not cool enough.
9. Caught Blake playing croquette (sp?) in the backyard with the spatula from the grill and a dog turd.
10. Started my spring break by going to Edmond to visit Ryan's family.
11. Went to Abilene during my spring break to hang with mom, dad, Heather, Laine, Bowen, Robin, Linda and Reegan. It was great fun.
12. Audrey came to visit me at the end of my spring break because she is moving to London...ridiculous.
13. Shauna and her fam came over while Audrey was in town for a cookout.
14. Picked up some more leaves...
15. I went back to school...it's a hard thing to do after a week off!!!!!
16. Took Blake to the Dallas World Aquarium
17. Played outside...A LOT!
18. Spilled an entire cup of coffee on my pants in the parking lot of my school one morning
19. Ryan showed up at my school to bring me my pants but forgot my pants at home...
20. Wore sweat pants and a t-shirt that I found at school to teach the entire day...my underwear smelled like coffee
21. Went back to Abilene for Easter: we decorated eggs, hunted egss and played!
22. Finally got on Facebook...who wants to be my friend?
23. Started reading several books that I still haven't finished including: Gang Leader for a Day and The Shack...
24. We've been to Central Market to listen to music several times...one of my favorite things to do when the weather is nice
25. Got a bone density scan and it said I have a low bone density...Calcium supplements anyone??
26. Had a fun night out with the girls for Tara's birthday!
27. Started using one of those gradual self tanners because I am W-H-I-T-E! I can't decide if I like it yet.
28. Realized that I am a different size than I was last summer so none of my shorts fit...I hate buying shorts.
29. Getting ready for TAKS...it's this Thursday. Please pray that all my kids will pass and in order for that to happen, pray that the test is easier than last year!!!!
30. Heard the song "It won't be like this for long" on my way to school one morning and cried through the whole thing!
31. Been loving the age that Blake is right now...she is hilarious!! I love her more every single day!!
32. Gaining a deeper understanding of God's love as I watch my baby grow!
33. Picked up more leaves...have I ever mentioned that we have 36 trees in our backyard????
34. Got two...that's right two...tickets from those dang cameras for running red lights.
35. Working on what our future holds in terms of jobs, our house and where we want Blake to grow up
36. Started playing tennis again
37. Had a crick in my neck for a week...maybe it's because I have old woman bones
38. We've gone to the dog park a few times since the weather has been great!
39. Ryan and I have a new "deal," if you leave something in the living room and don't put it up you have to clean one room of the house chosen by the other person.
40. I have been counting down the days until summer since spring break
41. We went to the Main Street Arts Festival
42. We ate at the Love Shack in the Stockyards...best hot dog ever!
43. Ryan brought me flowers and a four pack of Virgil's rootbeer(the best ever) on a random day...he's the best!
44. We have a plague of disgustingly huge june bugs on our porch...the other day I needed to mail something and found about 700 in our mailbox....yuck!!!!!!!!
45. Have been spending way too much time watching American Idol and Biggest Loser...
46. I have cooked several new recipes lately
47. Since officially starting my facebook page yesterday (meaning I looked for friends etc) I have checked it about 10 times.
48. I have been writing this post for almost an hour and I am struggling to think of two more things to make it an even 50
49. Decided to go on a trip to Vegas with my mom and sister right after school is out
50. I missed blogging and checking other people's blogs...but I'm back now so please don't be mad anymore!!!

Sorry this was just a list and there are no pics...one thing at a time people.

11 comments:

Lissa Michelle said...

?????????????

Randi Freeby said...

I am so glad you are back. I kept checking and ...nothing. So happy to see you on here. I am also on facebook but cannot find you, so ask me to be a friend and I promise I will confirm you. Ha Ha. Anyway, I am proud of all your accomplishments. We need to get together sometime and talk about all that is going on.

Sara S. said...

Yay, you're back. I loved reading this. My favorite was #9! If you find a self-tanner you like, please let me know. I am seriously glow-in-the-dark white! I hope you guys find some answers with your home, job, etc. Those are the hardest decisions.

Lissa Michelle said...

Ok, I first posted question marks because all I saw was a blog title! WOW you have been busy, girl. I have missed reading your updates AND missed your pics. Get some up soon. I want to be your FB friend! I hope you have had some time to "figure" stuff out...just know that sometimes, YOU don't have to figure anything out...you know? You're taken care of!

Melissa said...

Coffee-scented underwear don't sound too bad to me! :)

Joni said...

Too many words! Hey we need to set a date for this summer soon! If it happens to be the same time as ya'll are going to Vegas, I will just go too!! Momma Sue won't mind:)

Shauna said...

Love getting a shout out in your post!
And Joni is right - we need a good dose of Joni - so set a date!

Amy said...

Been waiting foorrreevvveeerrr for you to blog again. Always get a good laugh with you Mere. Miss you lots and hope to hang out soon. Love ya!

Holly Grant said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly Grant said...

Your underwear could smell a lot worse than coffee. I'm with you on the sabatical but have finally posted something new! We should get together next time you are in Abilene!

Tricia said...

I am right there with you. I have been having a hard time posting. I did a little catching up today. I miss you!!! I would love to come to Dallas if Joni comes in town...let me know!