Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Saturday, October 24, 2009

House Hunting....

Friday at school, Ryan sent me an email from our realtor. She had a house to show us that wasn't on the market yet but she knew we would love it. The price was just over our maximum we are willing to pay. My response: No. We will love it and we can't afford it. I don't want to look at it.

We went to look at it.

And guess what?

I love it. It's ridiculous. I knew we shouldn't have gone to look at it. I knew nothing about the house. I just knew it was out of our price range and I knew I would love it. It's a little cottage straight out of a magazine. I love it mostly because the lady who lives their is an excellent decorator. I try to remind myself of that every time I think of it. Would it have been as cute if she didn't live there??? I don't know. What I do know is the house devil is tempting me.

What sucks about this? The house isn't really that expensive. It's definitely on the low end when it comes to houses. But when we left Fort Worth we took a pretty big pay cut. This house is about the same price as our house in Fort Worth. But we don't make as much money as we did in Fort Worth. We are trying to simplify. Simplify, Meredith, simplify. I will continue to chant this over and over every time I remember the picture perfect cottage. It probably won't work. We'll see.
Blake putting in Mimi's earplugs. Those can't get stuck can they?
B's halloween costume. I should probably wait until Halloween to post this but after this day, it was really hard to get her to wear the hat. So, here she is.

wearing Mimi's glasses. Blake really needs more friends her age. No offense Mimi.

7 comments:

Lissa Michelle said...

Maybe they'll drop the price 50K just because your family is stinkin' adorable? I don't know? Maybe put Blake in those glasses and make a pouty face to the sellers?! LOL. Cute halloween costume!

Joni said...

You are making me look so bad by posting so much!! Do you really have nothing better to do??:) just teasing...anyway love all the fun pics of sweet B!!! I miss her so much and you too friend! I read most of your blog!! I need to call you to catch up and the house and devil situation??!! Love ya

Kim said...

Oh, now I am so curious where it is. I LOVE house-hunting. AW often comes and finds me online just looking at houses, and he's like WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? Ha! I just love it! Thinking of all the endless possibilities! And you get such great decorating ideas, layout ideas, etc. So yay for you! I hope the house actually works out for yall, so keep me posted! And if Blake really still needs friends more her age, remember we have 2 little boys over here that could easily fall in love with Miss Blake! :)

kristin fulghum said...

oh i totally know the feeling. but don't worry there will be something fabulous for you that is in your price range!

heatherw said...

Just keep saying your mantra, you won't regret it! Blake is so cute I can't wait to see her this weekend!

Melissa said...

I agree with Heather...Rarely do people ever regret simplicity.
Hope you guys have a great weekend!

Holly Grant said...

What is your mantra? Also, I am dying to see this house. We have GOT to get together.