Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

To Blake...a 6 month update

I can't believe it has already been 6 months! On one hand I feel like it was just yesterday that we were at the hospital... but on the other, I feel like you have been here forever. (ooohhh, please don't enlarge that picture...yikes) You have made such a smooth entrance into our lives. I did not know what to expect when you got here but you are so much better than I could have ever imagined! We love you so much more than I can explain. I hope that your life is full of love and happiness. Your daddy and I will do our best to make sure of that!!!

Blake Facts:
You have just started holding your own bottle.

    Holding your own bottle is tiring!!


  • You scoot all over the place. My least favorite place that you scoot to?? off of the carpet and on to the tile. Why? because you like to lick it.
  • You started getting on your hands and knees ready to crawl when we were in Arkansas.
  • You love to watch Lola play.
  • You don't laugh a lot but you smile ALL of the time.
  • You growl when you are frustrated or bored or just because you want to.
  • You have started making this fake cough sound when you want attention.
  • I can lay you down at night for bed and you put yourself to sleep.
  • You sleep until 8:30 or 9:00!! Mommy loves that!!!
  • When you take a bath you suck on a finger puppet the whole time you are in there. It's kind of gross but it makes you really happy.

  • You LOVE to be outside.

  • Your favorite song (and has been since the beginning) is You are My Sunshine. You can be screaming and we will sing it to you and you calm down immediately.

  • You can put your pacifier back in your mouth. I lifesaver for me at 4:30 in the morning!

  • You are really good at eating baby food...most of the time.

  • You make me really happy when you try to roll over while I am changing your diaper. I love that...

  • You give the sweetest kisses.

When you wake up in the mornings you never cry, you just talk in your crib until someone comes in to get you.

I love you, sweet girl!! Happy 6 month birthday!!

"I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received. Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace." Eph. 4:1-3

6 comments:

Amanda said...

She's precious Meredith! Happy 6 Months Blake!

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

Happy Six months sweet Blake! It's so great that you can record all of her talents on this blog. Hope to see you soon!

Leigh Ann said...

What a sweet blog:) She is precious!

Unknown said...

That was awesome...you are an amazing mom and wife!!! We are super blessed!!

Joni said...

happy 6 months Blake!! We love you and miss you!

Joni said...

I finally posted friend! Sorry!