Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Vacation Week

This has been the greatest week so far this summer...it is only the second week but whatever. Blake and I flew to see Joni and Grant on Monday and have had a fabulous week of shopping, swimming, laughing, relaxing and hanging in our pajamas 90% of the time. Getting here was the craziest part of the trip. Ryan dropped us off at 8:15 for a 9:45 flight and I took my rolly bag, Blake and the stroller to check in and the lady promptly told me that my flight was delayed by 3 HOURS!!! I immediately called Ryan but he didn't have his phone so Blake and I had an exciting day at the airport. When I finally talked to Ryan he said "well, that should be a little fun, you love being at the airport." True. BUT it's a completely different situation with a 5 month old in tow. When the plane FINALLY arrived at DFW at 12:45 one of the airline people told me that the plane would definitely get to Hot Springs but may not be able to get to my final destination because a computer at the airport was broken. AWESOME. So I had to do some quick thinking and decided to chance it and leave anyway.


TIME OUT...I need to explain that I was one of seven people getting on this plane. So while I am making this decision they are all leaving me and boarding the plane and the guy keeps getting on his walkie talkie and is like "Uh...we have another passenger here." "Hey dude don't forget we have another passenger up here." "don't worry ma'am I'll walk you down there myself." Seriously??!!??

We arrived at Joni's in record time because the pilot decided to "chance it" and went ahead and flew to the airport anyway even though they told him once we took off that it might be best to turn back. How do I know this you ask??? That's because the pilot is also the steward and the door opener and the help you get off of the plane guy and we had a conversation and he said "Ahh don't worry. We missed the storms, it was just like threading a needle." What is that supposed to mean?


AND...Introducing...Joni finally has a freakin' blog. Hip, hip hoooorrraaayyy! Go check it out. www.goshfinally.blogspot.com

7 comments:

annalee said...

what a great trip and cheers's to a wonderful summer!

heatherw said...

Blake looks like she has a tan in all of the pictures! She and Grant are SO dang adorable!

suetmom said...

Blake does look like she has a tan.
What two little cuties! Tell Joni that Grant is quite a hunk!

Courtney said...

What a trip! Why does all of that just seem like it would happen to you?! :) Glad you had a great time!

Joni said...

Sorry Mere I should have looked again at your blog before doing mine!! I chose the same pics you did! oops! Miss you already friend!

Shauna said...

I am so jealous of you guys! I am going to do designs for both of your blogs this week to see if I can get back on the friend train. Lov eyou and I will email you when I have something.

Joni said...

I'm so proud of you for going ahead and getting up to go work out!! Grant slept in until 8!! So I just took him with me and we walked our neighborhood for 40 min.!!