Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, November 06, 2006

It Could Happen To You...Actually No

No it couldn't. It could only happen to us. The "it" I am referring to happened the other day. I came home from work and the sugar container was out on the counter.

Let me describe sugar container...nice ceramic thing from Pier 1. Has a cute little lid that I left off while making some tea.

I noticed the container because it was scooted to the edge of the counter...not it's usual home so I looked inside. Here is what I saw:



Carmelized sugar. "Weird..." I thought. I wonder how it got all wet. Maybe it has been like that for awhile and I hadn't noticed. I had just been getting the sugar off the top and hadn't seen that it had hardened into a brick like structure.

Forgot about it. Got in bed.

Ryan comes in from a late client. (yes, I go to bed early...shut it.)


Ryan: Did you see the sugar?
Mere: Yeah...what happened.
Ryan: You don't want to know.
Mere:Yes I do.
Ryan: No, you don't.
Mere: Yes.
Ryan: I think either Mike or Pete (not people...our cats that live outside) was trapped inside last night.
Mere: uuuuhhhh...
Ryan: gross.
Mere: Are you kidding me?
Ryan: No.
Mere: They didn't really.
Ryan: Totally.
Mere: Did you smell it?
Ryan: Yeah, I smelled it!
Mere: Are you 100% sure?
Ryan: Do you want to smell it?
Mere: No!!!!
Ryan: Believe me. It's true.

WANTED: Mike or Pete Cat


The Crime: Peeing in the sugar container.

7 comments:

heatherw said...

uhhhhh...that is AMAZING. I think that's all I can say. Except pissing in a sugar container takes really good balance.

Shauna said...

That is right - you should work on potty training those kitties. That is good balance. I cannot believe that! The worst part is that you just thought you would let it go until tomorrow. ewwwww...

robin said...

LOL! That made my morning!

Mary Beth said...

Glad you didn't decide to make some more tea.....

Anonymous said...

I would like cats better if they didn't pee wherever they want to. In the sugar? That's a first!

Anonymous said...

funniest story ever!
thanks for the laugh. :)

momsuet said...

Oh my!!! This is one of the best cat stories ever. That story made me laugh!