Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, November 09, 2006

New bed

I've had a pretty uneventful week...plus, it's hard to follow the cat pee story. We are going to A-town tomorrow for "Thanksgiving" with my family. I am excited to get out of town so I don't have to look at the laundry piling up or my dirty floors or school stuff. It will be nice.

We've still been running. We are up to 4 miles now...look out. That may not be much in the grand scheme of things but it is definitely the furthest I have run in about 6-7 years. We usually average about a...I'm actually not going to tell you how fast we go. Because when you tell someone that you ran a half marathon your audience will be one of two types:

Type One: They are just really impressed that you ran a half marathon and are trying to remember exactly how far that is. They couldn't care less how fast you ran it because they are now busy thinking about the last time that they worked out and how long ago it was. They then occupy their thoughts not with you running a marathon but could they actually do it themselves...
Type Two: You tell them you ran a half marathon and they want to know: what did you average per mile? how many times did you walk? do you walk while you are drinking water? what kind of energy gel did you use? how many races did you run to prepare for the half? And you want to know what I have to say to these people? I WAS BEHIND YOU... the whole time. I am slower than you are so don't ask. And probably, you already know that I am slower than you and you are only asking so that you can feel good about yourself when I tell you my speed.

Anywho...we got a bed recently. We still have the same bedroom furniture that I used when I was 13 but we splurged and got a new bed.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am totally laughing at your two types of people thing...it is so true!

but I bet I am slower than you. :)

great job on the running and i love your new bed!

Courtney said...

Your bed looks great! And if you want a mental picture that makes you feel great about how quickly you can move and run, just picture me trying to run 10 feet right now. I know, it's a funny thought.

Shauna said...

I love your new bed!!! It is fabulous! I bet I am slower than you too!

heatherw said...

I'm totally the second person, however, my question might be "did you have to poop (or pee) while you were running?"

Anonymous said...

I love the bed!!!