Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sweatin to the Oldies

I have decided to start working out again. Last weekend I was in Abilene and I went to work out with my mom and I decided after that day that I REALLY needed to start doing some type of cardio excercise. I went and ran one day and that sucked. It hurt every time my feet hit the pavement and plus my boobs were all over the place. They hurt really bad and I just wanted to hold them while I ran but I knew that would be awkward so I tried the oh-so-subtle wrist hold. You know... hold your arms really tight to your body and use your wrists to keep your boobs in place. That worked for awhile. But then I started to get cramps near my shoulder from making my muscles so tense.
So last night I bought a Biggest Loser workout dvd. I just did the 5 minute warm up and the level one cardio workout. My butt is already sore. I think that this is going to be great. I have several more pounds I would like to lose. My goal is seven pounds before I go back to school. That means I have one month. The countdown is on!

Since my mom came this weekend to keep Blakester Ryan and I got quite a bit of work done on the bathroom. Yes, the bathroom that we started working on before Blake was born and is still not done yet. But major progress was made. Thanks for your help mom! Blake was so sad to see Mimi leave that she decided to cry from 5:30 when we arrived at small group (and left early because she wouldn't stop) until approximately 8:30. That's three hours of crying in case you couldn't add. Thanks, Blake. That was awesome.

9 comments:

Sara S. said...

Oh goodness, I have never laughed so hard! I have yet to start a workout routine since Ella has been born (18 months ago). Let me know when you find something that works...with little to no sweat or heavy breathing involved :)

Courtney said...

She wasn't that bad! Poor Blake. She just wanted away from all of us weirdos and back to the sanity of her grandmother. We are a bit frightening.

Anonymous said...

Poor baby Blake. Do you have pics of the bathroom progress?

Holly Grant said...

Thanks for commenting on my Jumping post. And just to let you know, I think you might make an appearance in the "Tribute series" since I have tons of vintage Meredith and Holly pics with some really funny stories that have not graced the internet up to this point. I'll sacrifice anyone for a good post...

Holly Grant said...

Meredith,
I am using your blog to respond to your mom:
Sue-
Yes, Ben's movements do need work! He seriously moves like a skinny white boy!! More dance videos to come...
Good to hear from you Sue!

tara said...

But she sure did look cute, even if she was screaming. And hey, we all love her to pieces!

Shelly said...

I laughed out loud at the "oh so subtle wrist hold" part! Ha ha ha!! It's next to impossible to get cardio work outs by running or even walking at a brisk pace post-baby when you are nursing. I have yet to find a sports bra tough enough to hold the girls still enough to where a wrist hold is not needed. Let me know if you find one. : ) In the meantime, I'll stick to chasing my 2 other toddlers around and save the cardio workouts for post-breast feeding. : )

angela said...

Running with nursing boobies is nearly impossible, not to metion the painful uterine cramps that come while exercising for months after your baby is born. Very uncomfortable! I think a workout tape is a much better idea! Good luck with all of this!

heatherw said...

Yes, I remember the days of hlding my boobs in place for exercise, ahhh those were the days!