Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, April 28, 2006

Chill out!

Why is it that I insist on doing things last minute? At the beginning of this semester I was assigned 4 article reviews and 1 research paper. Each is to be between 2-4 pages. No big deal, right? These are the only 5 assignments we were given in this class. He told us that we had until May 1st to get them all done.
So here we are now...Friday, April 28th and I haven't written a single thing. Wouldn't be that big of a deal, I am used to doing things last minute, but we are leaving to go to Oklahoma today so that Ryan can run his marathon. (Everyone say a little prayer Sunday morning between 6:30 and 9:30) Only after I have tennis tryouts until 4:45 at the same time that I am supposed to be on a committee interviewing an assistant principal candidate 2:30. So I am borrowing Jonathan's laptop so that I can write some while I am there. I did this to myself...don't feel sorry for me.
I am laughing at my agenda from this week that has me writing one paper a day and I would have been finished by now and could have a relaxing weekend in Oklahoma...but that just makes too much sense!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like someone needs a little vacation to a nice getaway. somewhere like, oh i don't know, maybe... arkansas!!:) thanks for blogging again friend. sorry to hear you have poor time management skills!:) tell ryan i said good luck!

Shauna said...

I really hope that the "chill out" title was not directed toward those of us that want to hear from our special friend, Meredith....
:0) tell ryan good luck - and good luck to you on the cramming lots of work into little time.

heatherw said...

You make me nervous with all the waiting till the last minute stuff... Dad would agree. Ryan will kick the marathon's rear!

heatherw said...

Good luck Ryan, I'll be cheering in my heart!

Anonymous said...

You and Robin must be the last minute twins! Go Ryan!!!

robin said...

I have my fingers and toes crossed that you get it done in time! Nothing like the last minute to motivate you!

Anonymous said...

WELL????? Did you get it all done?