Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, April 03, 2006

Looong Week

I can already tell...it is going to be a long, long week. Not just because of the time change, even though it did make me throw up a little bit when I got in my car and the clock read 5:11. Yuck!!

Ryan's parents came down this weekend to hang out with us. We had lots of fun! Friday night we went to Central Market for some burgers and then we watched Bowen while Heather, Jonathan and Laine went to Ice Age 2 and then Ryan's parents got here around 9:00 ish. I am not exactly sure what time that arrived because I might have been asleep on the couch...

Saturday we went shopping and bought a grill and Ryan's parents bought us a lawn mower, weed eater and some flowers. Between that and my parents getting us a washer and dryer we feel like real grown ups! We cooked out Saturday night and then I fell asleep on the couch again around 9:30. I am such an old person sometimes.

Sunday we slept in and then worked in the yard. It was really fun...for now. Ask me about yard work in about 3 months and we will see how I feel about it.

Now it is Monday...I feel a little bitter knowing that I am at work and Ryan is at opening day at the ballpark but such is life. I am down in the dumps so I have been trying to find things that make me okay with being at school. So I have started counting down:

2 more Tuesday matches in tennis
9 school days until Good Friday
2 weeks until TAKS
6 weeks of grad classes
8 weeks of school left

I think I can make it.

10 comments:

robin said...

Just a few more and you could have (instead of the 12 days of Christmas) The 12 Days of School!

Yard work's not so bad when you have the time to do it. Plus I think that if I go out and spend hours pulling weeds that they should never come back...apparently the weeds think it's a game!

heatherw said...

It's good to have goals to reach. I also give myself incentives through the week. It could be a trip to Sonic for a slush or an extra diet coke, anything to give me something to look forward to.

Shauna said...

You can do it FRIEND!!!! And isnt yard work fun - I still think it is fun - I definitely dont do all the grunt work in the yard - but the flowers and stuff are fun!

Anonymous said...

Yard work is okay til about July when you sweat buckets. I love my townhouse!

Anonymous said...

It was just nice to see you finally do something around the house........................................................just kidding!!!

Mere Ware said...

My husband is sooo sweet...

Shauna said...

Your husband is stalking my blog. :0)

Anonymous said...

Mere - new blog please.

Shauna said...

yes - new blog please

Shauna said...

I mean really ...friend...it better have been a really loooonnnnnngggg week for how looooooonnnnngggg this post has been up