Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Nap time

Blake is not a good napper. She sleeps well at night but she does not take long naps during the day. Except for today! She has been asleep for about 2 1/2 hours! Yippee! Nap time will be something we perfect this summer...which is only 9 and 2 half days away! Double Yippee! I feel sorry for people with "real" jobs who don't get to experience the excitement of summer time. I have had a summer off my whole life and I can't imagine anything else. Sometimes when I think teachers should make more money I remind myself that I work 183 days a year and then I feel pretty good.

We have had an eventful weekend. Friday night we decided to go to Central Market to have burgers and listen to music. We got there around 5:45 and there was not an empty table in sight. So we left and went to Mellow Mushroom pizza. We sat outside and had some great food.


Saturday Ryan played in a softball tournament. We went to Panera bread for breakfast before and ran into Rick Atchley. When I first saw him I felt like I was spotting a celebrity...weird. We were at the games until about 4:00 then went home and decided to go to Pei Wei because we still had a gift card from Christmas. We sat outside again and then went to Central Market for gelato and to listen to music. This time we were successful at finding a table. One of our favorite things to do at CM is people watch and it was great entertainment. A random lady sitting next to us came over and to a picture of Blake...awkward. I didn't really know how to respond but she seemed really nice and then asked for our address and she would mail us a copy. So I guess if we have a stalker in the next few days we have a suspect.
I hear the Blakester...time to put mom pants back on!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blake is so darn cute it doesn't matter if she isn't a good napper or not!

Joni said...

Ok friend by the way happy first mother's day! I can't believe I didn't call you! Oh wait you didn't call me either loser:) hey shauna is about to call me and design my new blog!! oh and i reordered the announcements. Sorry I wrote about 15 different comments in one.

heatherw said...

Joni, I can't wait for you to start your blog!

suetmom said...

Like the polka dots.... & I love the head/hair ornament that Blake is wearing! What a cutie!