Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 01, 2008

Science TAKS is OVER!!!

Yipppeee skippeee! I have been Debbie Downer for the past 2 1/2 weeks because all we have been doing is reviewing for TAKS. But now it is OVER!!! This morning I was able to accidentally sleep in, drop Blake off, pick up donuts for my kids and still make it to school on time! A great start to TAKS day. Now it's over, Blake laughed at me several times this afternoon (always a good confidence booster) and I am thinking of going to pick up some Pei Wei. A great end to TAKS day.


Next week we are dissecting frogs. I told my students and most were excited. There were some that are all freaked out about it. When I was at Franklin Middle School I remember that some boy took an organ from the frog we dissected and put it on another kid's lunch tray. Pretty sure he got in big trouble. I also remember that a kid in my group (Michael M.) was cutting the frog and the scalpel knife broke off and hit him in the goggles. I always tell my students that story when they ask me why they have to wear goggles. Michael might only have one eyeball now had it not been for a great science teacher enforcing the rules!




A few firsts this 4th month of Blake's life: she can now role from back to tummy.




And she is testing out some good old rice cereal and baby food. So far the cereal has been successful combined with carrots, green beans and peas.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang she is cute - I need to get my hands on her!!!!!

Leslie said...

I know how you feel about TAKS being over. It's such a relief. I never had to dissect a frog, but we did have to do it to a baby pig. Gross. Enjoy your last few weeks of school!

Shauna said...

look at that big girl roll!

Holly Grant said...

Who is Michael M.? I can only think Michael Marion?! Also, your science teacher was Belva Becker right? If so, I hope you took after her in many ways; teaching style, clothes and hair...

sara lindsey said...

blake is adorable--a given.

i thought you were teaching reproduction these last few weeks?! that should cause a few interesting stories...

heatherw said...

Good ole Belva she was such a stylish thing, maybe Mere can aspire to that height in 20 years or so.

Sara S. said...

Is it Michael Moreland? That is the only Michael M. that I remember. I'm envious that you only have a couple of weeks left. You will have a wonderful summer with your baby!

I am already missing her.

Anonymous said...

During my only frog dissection experience, I cut open my frog's stomach ('cause it looked full) and found a WHOLE JUNE BUG inside!! Yuck! One more reason june bugs are the most disgusting bug on earth!

Tell Blake 'Hey' for me...I love her little PJs in these roll-over pics!
Melissa

Holly Grant said...

Heather-
I don't think it will take Mere 20 years to aspire to Belva! I would give her, ohh...4, 5 years max!

Anonymous said...

Mere, I am so sad you won't be in Abilene this weekend. I'll miss you but the June visit will be great!

Unknown said...

Linda- I actually think we will be in A-town this weekend. So we will see you then!
Holly and Heather-ya'll are stupid. (wow...you can totally tell I teach 8th graders with that comeback...)

Mere Ware said...

oooppss...here I am.

Kristen said...

she's getting so big!

Unknown said...

blake is a cutie!
is yall's address still on Yosemite?
jill

Anonymous said...

2nd pic looks like someone come all over her face, just wish it was me I miss my girls sucking my c--k