Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, May 26, 2008

Summertime and the livin's easy...

Only 6 days left!! I am really excited about summer this year! The last two summers I was taking classes at UNT but this summer I got nothin. Here are some things I am looking forward to:

1. Being with Blake in the mornings because that is the time of day she loves the most.

2. Not having to set my alarm.

3. Wearing tank tops and shorts.

4. Taking Blake swimming.

5. Not putting on any makeup unless it is absolutely necessary.

6. Eating lunch at home.

7. Getting to hang out with Ryan more.

8. Meeting friends for lunch and playdates.

9. Blogging more often because there are people (at least one that I know of, thanks Mel) that check my blog daily for pics of Blake.

10. Using my new scanner to upload pics to my blog from back in the day (heads up Wally Hotts)

11. Only washing my hair every other day because it's probably up in a pony tail anyway.

12. Going to bed late because I don't have to wake up early for anything.

13. Reading.

14. Seeing some movies at the matinee. (I just realized that matinee is very close to manitee)

15. Going to the zoo. Thanks mimi and paco for the zoo memberships!

16. Going to the zoo with friends!

17. Hanging with Heather, Laine and Bowen.

18. Traveling.

19. No stress...at least not the school kind.

20. Playing with Blake as much and as often as I want.

21. Eating a bowl of cereal and having a cup of coffee BEFORE my day starts. (usually I do this as the kids are coming into my room.)

22. Not having to pick out what I am wearing the night before.

23. Not having to iron.

24. Using less gas because I am not driving all the way to school.

25. Finding some projects to work on around the house.


Completely different subject:

Has anyone ever taken their baby to the daycare at the gym?? We just renewed our membership because Bally's was offering an incredible deal where we only pay $18 per month for both of us and we get to work out free until August...anywho, Ryan and I thought we would go at the same time but that would mean Blake would have to go with us. I think she is too young and we should work out at different times...but I am not completely against the idea either. Any advice?


6 comments:

suetmom said...

Hoorah for summer! Cute Blake pictures! Many of us stalkers are always looking for new pictures of Blake! Speaking of Wally Hotts, we met her husband yesterday.

Anonymous said...

She's pretty young. I don't think she has the muscle development for curls or squats. Maybe she could just use the treadmill.

Holly Grant said...

I am really curious to see what pictures you have of us! I have some really good ones that I will be scanning this next weekend. For starters, does matching denim sleeveless shirts, jeans and Dot the cat ring any bells? No? it will soon...

Anonymous said...

Here's something a science teacher should show her class:
http://www.badastronomy.com/bablog/2008/05/26/best-image-ever/

Lori said...

I am right there with you about the gym thing and Annalee is 17 months old! I definately "interviewed" the lady at 24 hour fitness and have yet to take her to it, but I think I might...if I can muster up the nerve. I didn't even want to take her to the church nursery, but Micah forced me. and it was ok! :)

Anonymous said...

you're welcome!
-melissa