Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Busy Bee

This weekend we were busy bees at the Ware household. Thursday night (the 3rd) we went to watch eat and watch fireworks in Southlake with our friends Chris and Jena. Jena was 36 weeks pregnant and had gone to the doctor that day and was told she was "ready to go". So sure enough, Miss Bailey Grace made her entrance on Friday July 4th. She is super cute! Ryan's sister Melissa and her husband Bart came in town on Friday so we went to eat at Mellow Mushroom then went to Trinity Park to watch some more fireworks. We sat on top of a hill so we could see two sets of fireworks and here is the fun we found while waiting for the shows to


That's right...all you need to pass the time? A little cardboard and a pretty steep hill.

Then Saturday we met Heather, Jonathan and the kids at Burger's Lake for some swimming and a cookout. Being the great mom that I am, I took NO pictures. So you can just imagine us hangingout, jumping off the high dives, sliding down the slide and swinging on the trapeze into the water. Blake thought Burger's Lake was pretty cool but she is not a huge fan of being in the water for extended periods of time so we took turns hanging out with her at the camp site.

Later on Saturday we got a text from Kyle and Brittany saying that their sweet girl had arrived as well! Two babies in one weekend!

Sunday we said goodbye to Mel and Bart after church and a trip to Joe's. Then we tried to catch up on some sleep and so we crashed on the couch for awhile.

This weekend will be another busy one because we are off to OKC for Ryan's 10 year reunion.


11 comments:

heatherw said...

Don't worry I'll post some Burger's Lake pictures soon.

Joni said...

I mean that looks fun and all, but nothing can top our 4th, with falling asleep around 9:30 and not seeing any fireworks!!

Joni said...

oh yeah, and since when was "and all you need to do to pass the time?" a question???

I am so glad you had a great 4th of July friend? :)

Tricia said...

What happened to calling me? I mean...I know you are busy but come on now!

Sara S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara S. said...

Who needs six flags when you have cardboard boxes? Too funny!

Okay, so I had to change the last part of my response. I REALLY want to go to the AHS reunion, but we aren't sure if we can yet. We are trying to find a way to make it!

annalee said...

i'll be at the reunion (all parts) for sure. hope to see you there.
and have fun at ryan's too!

Shauna said...

Hey! Kip and I were just discussing how we need to do a double date....can we plan that?

Joni said...

hey friend are you ever going to call me and let me know how yesterday went!! Find a minute!!

Honeyed Hashette said...

Hey Merdith! I saw your blog on Kelly's blog and thought I would say hi. Congrats on your new baby!

Tricia said...

Hey Mere...call me!!!