Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Preparations for the big one-oh

So the AHS 10 year reunion is tomorrow! I am a little apprehensive about the reunion for a few reasons.First, I am horrible with names. Ryan can vouch for this because there have been several times that we have run into people in A-town that I knew in high school and I don't introduce Ryan because I can't remember their name and you can't count on them saying their own name. "Hey, this is my husband Ryan. Ryan this is ............" In an ideal world it would go like this "This is my husband Ryan." "Hey, Ryan, I'm ________" But I just don't have the guts to chance it. So we walk away and he just looks at me and I'm like "Dude, I have no clue what that guy's name is!!!"
Second, (and some of you may have experienced this when you have seen me in public) when I see someone that I am not expecting to see or maybe I fear an awkward encounter, I turn a very bright shade of magenta. e-v-e-r-y-t-i-m-e. When I was working on my master's I had professors that remembered me because I would turn red when they called on me and I wasn't expecting it. I can stand up and act like a complete idiot in front of 8th graders but if my principal drops by....red. He loves to do that to me too. My kids are always like..."Mrs. Ware, you're red." I know, shut up. If I randomly see someone at the mall...red. No matter who it is, how good of friends we are, how long I have known them...red.

And third, as I have said before, I'm just awkward sometimes.

So tonight, as I prepare for the weekend, I have created a do's and don'ts list for the event:

Do: Start working out about 1 month before so you look extra fit for the big day.
Don't: Eat a pint of rocky road ice cream at 9:30 pm the night before the event.

Do: Get your hair done two weeks before so you have time to adjust to the new cut/color.
Don't: Decide two days before that your roots look really bad and go to Wal-Mart to buy a dye-at-home kit.

Do: Start working on a tan a few weeks in advance so you look bronzed but not burnt or fake.
Don't: Go to a tanning place, decide to try Mystic Tan for the first time and have random white splotches under your knees because you have wierd kneecaps and orange spots on your hands because you didn't follow the instructions.

10 comments:

Tricia said...

I love you so much Mere! You know yourself pretty well! You make me laugh. I hope you have a great time!!! I am trying to plan my reunion so let me how your goes so I can have some ideas.

suetmom said...

I think you will be great! Just smile a lot and hug a lot and no one will care whether you remember their name or not. Besides everyone will be wearing name tags!!!

Joni said...

What ever happened to the cool "hello my name is..." nametags!! That would be so helpful. At my reunion I talked to a girl in my class, thinking the whole time she was one of my other classmates wives. You'll be fine friend as long as you don't screw up your hair today! Good luck!

Oh I also read every word!!

Joni said...

P.S. I didn't read momma sue's comment about name tags before writing mine. Noted!!

Sara S. said...

Oooh, I'm bad at names too. I totally wanted to be tan and have a cute new hairdo for the event, but I have procrastinated....so, nada. Name tags will be our saving grace. Can't wait to see you!!!

Lori said...

Great tips, I'm definatley printing this list and following it when our reunion comes around in October...yikes.

Tricia said...

When does Blake take a nap so I can try and call you. We will be driving to Kerrville tomorrow so I will try and call you then.

allyo said...

I am anxiously waiting for an update from your reunion. Cooper's is in October and I am already stressing out about it. I might be calling for some more pointers :)

kristin fulghum said...

well i just saw a few pics of you at the reunion on annalee's blog and you looked good. so sad to miss it and especially miss seeing you! hope y'all had fun, but not too much fun without me...i am a bit jealous.

Joni said...

Hurry up and post on your reunion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!