Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 17, 2008

It's Time To Play...



The FAMILY FEUD!!!!


This past Sunday Ryan, Heather, Jonathan, Virginia (Ryan's mom) and I tried out for Family Feud. First of all, I have to admit that during the summer I occassionaly watch F.F. at 12:00 on channel 33. One day Ryan happened to be home during lunch and we were watching and they had an advertisement for tryouts in the Dallas area so we called and got a tryout.

Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures but you get the idea... The tryouts were held in Grand Prairie at a restaurant in a baseball stadium. I was really hoping that there would be lots of white trash people there so we would automatically make it but that was not the case. There were about 40 families and I would say that more than half were quality looking people. When we got there we had to fill out some information on all the players, take a group photo and sit around and wait. They called up two families at a time and you played two rounds against the other family. They gave lots of instructions like:

1. make sure you say "Good answer" every time someone guesses even if they sound like a complete idiot

2. Huddle in a group when the other team is giving their answers so if it comes to your team you have a guess

3. When it comes to your team for a steal make sure you yell out answers for your captain before he makes his official guess

So, it was a little nerve racking to try to remember all of this and think of good answers and try not to look and sound like a moron. But I think we did pretty well. We should find out in about two weeks if we made it. So I will let you know if the Ware family will be the next contestants on the FAMILY FEUD!!!

Oh...I am a little behind on blogging because I have been at training all week from 8-4:00. But, we had fun at Ryan's reunion. We had to come home early for the tryouts. I will not post pics from that because I am probably going to wear the same dress to my reunion and then if I have pictures of it people might be like "Oh, that dress is cute. I saw it on your blog."

Ryan and I also just celebrated our 5 year anniversary but I posted this first because I am creating a picture montage (sp?) and I have to scan several on to the puter and it takes awhile. So, stay tuned.

Tomorrow we will be leaving for a week long vacation to Ruidoso, NM so I will be posting from the mountains where the high is expected to be about 75. Peace out.

12 comments:

Joni said...

About dang time friend!! I so hope ya'll make it then you can be my claim to fame. Awesome!! I go to my reunion this weekend, so it looks like I 'll talk to you, maybe, let's say, umm, how 'bout Sept. Love ya friend!

Mary Beth said...

That is so freakin' cool about FF! I want to go on Deal or No Deal SO bad.

annalee said...

I REALLY HOPE Y'ALL GET CHOSEN!
and i am pumped y'all will be at the reunion. looking forward to seeing you there. i secretly wish you would have posted a picture of your dress because i need inspiration for what to wear myself!

angela said...

You guys would be PERFECT on that show! I used to watch it a lot a few years ago when the guy from Home Improvement hosted. I haven't really watched it since the new guy took over. It is one of my favorite game shows though!

Unknown said...

so you are saying that you are not white trash? HA!
i can just see Jonathan hamming it up. yall would be hilarious on the feud, just hilarious!
do you watch Best Week Ever? i can see you just loving that show. i do! and The Soup! so funny. okay, i am rambling like this is an email...

Tricia said...

I can't wait to hear the results!!! I really do hope you get it and I wish I had been a fly on the wall watching you guys try out. I am so jealous you are going to Ruidoso, we aren't going this year...but I really wish we were. Have so much fun! Blake will love the white sands.

Sara S. said...

I am crossing my fingers! You guys would be hilarious! I also wanted to see your dress!

kristin fulghum said...

that is hilarious. i sure hope you guys get on. you better let everyone know so we can all watch.

i will, unfortunately, not be coming to abilene for the reunion. it is just really bad timing for us. i am real sad to miss everyone though. mary catherine already told me she would take really good notes on everyone for me.

allyo said...

I AM SO EXCITED AND HORRIBLY JEALOUS ABOUT FAMILY FUED. That is my all time favorite game show. I can't wait to hear if you made it!!! Have fun in the mountains!

Joni said...

Oh Mere I think that is the nicest comment you have EVER made on my blog!! I miss you too friend! Give B some hugs and kisses from her AJ:) Love ya

Holly Grant said...

So cool. I am jealous! Was it hard to answer the questions under pressure?

Tricia said...

Hey! Did you get my text? It is Katie that is pregnant. Amy, her sister lives in Dallas and so they are going to work it out somehow for her to come get my clothes from you. When is a good time for me to call? I would really love to talk. Miss you!