Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 24, 2008

So much to blog so little time...

So I have about a million things to blog about today and my daughter is currently screaming her head off so I don't have much time. (I am not ignoring her to blog...Ryan has her.) So today I will choose to blog about going back to SCHOOL! Bleeeecckkkk!!!!!!!! (that is supposed to be a throw up sound, I can hear it in my head but it is hard to spell.)

Yes, today was my first day back. I cried a lot last night and the night before but I only cried a little this morning. Once I got to school everything was fine. The day went by pretty fast and my kids were nice to me. (That will probably change soon!) One of my classes even cheered when they realized I was back. So that made things a little easier. This week Ryan's mom is here to keep Blake. And she is doing a fabulous job, of course. So that make it easier too. I also teach with several super great moms who have recently come back to work after having babies and they help me to get up every morning because I know I am not the only one. I do, however, hate everyone who gets to stay at home. Just kidding...sort of. I know that it is hard either way (thanks, Heather) and that I am helping lots of kids by going back to teaching (thanks, Ryan). Plus, the end is in sight. One school day down, fifty to go.

UPCOMING POSTS:
Our spring break trip
Easter
And maybe that is all...I just thought I had a lot to blog about

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah the age old dilemma - stay home or work. It's so hard to leave a sweet little baby but you may be a better mom by working. Or maybe not. You are right: Bleeeecckkkk!!!!!!!!

annalee said...

oh meredith, so sorry the time has come. i'me less than 2 weeks away from going back so any words of wisdom will be welcome!

Jennifer said...

I know it's hard. I went back after Spring Break last year and Bennett was about 3 months old. Tough. But seriously, the school year really will be over before you know it. The time will fly. I'm glad you had a great first day back. We missed you at bible study this morning! Not the same without you.

Sara S. said...

What a tough time for you. I can say that leaving your baby never gets to the point of feeling "natural" even after 19 months. However, it does get easier, especially when you see that they enjoy it and thrive in that environment. Hopefully, the rest of the year will fly by for you. Many prayers.