Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Spring Break...a week late


I had a pretty good week back at school. It wasn't near as bad as I thought it would be. I like being with my teacher friends again and it gives me some time during the day to be a little selfish. The day goes by and coming home to Blake is the best! We have afternoon talks now instead of morning talks and our time together is even more precious than before...because there isn't as much of it. So to the mom's out there who are headed back to work soon, my diagnosis of the situation is that it's not as bad as you think it is going to be.


Needless to say, I did not come home from work and hop on the computer to blog. So here is the spring break post a week late.


Ryan and I both love to ski but we haven't been since we went with Minter Lane Church when we were engaged. So this year we talked about it a lot. We thought the chances of us going were slim because of the Blakester. But the week before spring break we finally decided to look into it. (Yes, it was a last minute decision) So we talked with my parents, checked out the ski report and took off to Red River. We drove to Abilene Monday evening to meet my parents and then we all got in the car and drove to Clovis. We spent the night there and got up early the next morning so we could make it in time to ski a half day. We skiied half day Tuesday, all day Wednesday and Thursday and drove nine hours home on Friday. My mom and dad took turns skiing and watching Blake so Ryan and I got to ski the whole time! They are the best!!

This is Blake watching Baby Einstein. Ignore my triple chin in the background.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

i hope blake is as funny and sassy as you!
i am so jealous you got to go skiing, i am definitely planning a trip this winter and inviting my babysitters...uh i mean parents.

annalee said...

thanks for sharing your back-to-work wisdom and encouragement! your family looks too cute in the snow.

robin said...

how fun! Mimi and Paco rock!!!!

I understand what you mean about going back to work. You feel like 'mere' again and not just 'mom'. I just wish i could work part time and have the best of both worlds!!!

Anonymous said...

I used to think she looked like Ryan but she is you made over!!

Holly Grant said...

Teredith Mhomesen-
I just saw some old pictures of us skiing, I think at Monarch, in a photo album. I think they need to be posted on my blog! Be ready for my thick bangs and your frizzy hair!!!
-Wally

sara lindsey said...

i haven't seen your family...well, maybe since the ahs tennis days. no, i ran into your dad at a bike ride last year, but i was in padded spandex shorts & have tried to block that horror! tell them hi for me!

Leah (Galloway) Flores said...

Hey Meredith! It's been so long, like I think since Majors at ACU. I heard through Highland C of C that you had a baby. I'm glad I found your blog. check out my page! Keep in touch!