Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, March 03, 2008

Three road trips in a month...

Blake probably hates her car seat by now. We have traveled to Oklahoma, Abilene and Oklahoma again in the last month. She has done really well in the car. When we went to A-town it was just me and Blakester because Ryan was sick and she slept pretty much the whole way.


This past weekend we went to Nowata, Ok (yes, that is a real town) to celebrate Ryan's grandpa's 80th birthday.





We drove to Edmond on Friday and spent the night with his family (about 3 hours away) then we all drove up to Nowata on Saturday. So this made for a long car ride on Sunday from Nowata back to Fort Worth. Here is how the driving arrangement ended up when Blake decided she was starving to death.
Ryan and Lola in the front seat and Blake and I in the back.













I am still having a hard time seeing that Blake looks like me. Everyone says that she does. Every once in a while I see a face she makes and I think it looks like one of my baby pictures but other than that I just don't see it yet. Unfortunately for Blake, I do see one trait she inherited from me...eyebrows. The poor kid got my eyebrows. They have no shape and they never will. She is doomed to a life of plucking and plucking and some more plucking. For some reason, no one chose to inform me about how bad my eyebrows looked for a loooonnnggg time. I think I was a senior in high school before I started plucking. Seriously??? My eyebrows grow all the way to my eyelashes and then meet in the middle in a Bert (or is it Burt?) like fashion.

I have found a solution to plucking everyday, however. If you are in a hurry or just don't feel like plucking just stand about 3 feet further back from the mirror than you normally stand and poof! your stray eyebrows disappear! The other day I was driving to my school and I flipped down my car mirror to put on a little mascara and AAAHHHHH!!! it looked like my eyes had bangs! So, if you decide to go with the 3 foot rule avoid the car mirror in the natural light. Not pretty, my friends, not pretty.

8 comments:

Chesley said...

I have tears from laughing about your eyes having bangs! That is hysterical! :)
I can see that Blake looks like you and I love your new blog page!

heatherw said...

I see more Ryan than you, except for the Burtbrow.

suetmom said...

I would like to issue a disclaimer....just for the record...I tried to pluck your eyebrows one time, and you complained so very much about how much pain I was inflicting on you, so I stopped. Hence the fuzzy brows in your youth, but you were sooooo cute.

Mere Ware said...

Thanks mom.

robin said...

you will try to pluck blake's brow bangs just as your mother did....and you will prob tell her the story about when your mom tried to do it to you....i can't wait to see the outcome! I don't remember them being that bad...

Anonymous said...

Mere - unibrows are not that bad.

Holly Grant said...

Mere,
I don't remember your eye brows being bad when you were a kid. Now your mustache, that's a different story...

Sara S. said...

I also don't remember your eyebrows being bad in high school...maybe that is because I, too, had eye bangs!

Sounds like you guys had a fun trip to Oklahoma! Yay for Ryan's grandpa turning 80!