Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Sooo tired today...

I am a morning person. Well, let me rephrase that...I am a morning person once I get out of bed. Typically my alarm starts going off at 5:30 and I usually get up about 6:20. Then I am rushing around because I like to be at school no later than 6:50. So I have decided to make myself get up by 6:10. Less rushing and really what difference can ten minutes make??? So I started this new idea today and now I am sitting here like a zombie, completely convinced that if I would have slept those extra ten minutes I would feel great. It couldn't possibly have anything to do with the fact that I have been going to bus school every night this week and not getting home until after nine. It was those 10 minutes I missed this morning. So tomorrow, I will resume my regular schedule in order to test my hypothesis.

Everyone is having babies! I won't name any names because who would want that announced on a blog but I am sooo excited for all of them. It always makes me wonder if I am ready to have a baby and then I realize that I have enough trouble taking care of myself, Ryan, Mike and Pete (our cats) that I just don't know if I could do it right now. I know that someday I will be ready but I am just not there yet. But I love all of my friends for having babies so that I can be around them and love them and then... give them back!

One other thought about kids...I know I am not ready for kids yet, because kids follow a very strict routine most of the time. Sort of like my cats. Every morning as soon as my feet hit the floor Mike runs into the bathroom. He rubs on my legs and meows until I feed him. Just like a baby. Now of course a baby doesn't meow and rub your legs but it cries until you feed it. Unlike a baby, if I am tired I just kick him a little and he will go away until I have finished going to the bathroom. Kids won't do that. You can't kick them and make them go away until you finish doing something. That's how I know I am not ready. I think I could handle a baby right now, I just wouldn't be able to handle a baby and having to go to the bathroom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you love the snooze button? I set my alarm early intentionally so I can snooze - it's the best sleep ever!

I need those people who are reading your blog to know that I am NOT one of the ones who is pregnant. I just want to make that perfectly clear.

Have a great day!
Linda

momsuet said...

It's not me either!

I honestly don't know how anyone can "snooze". As soon as I am awake, I am fully awake. Good luck with testing the hypothesis.

Shauna said...

HAVE BABIES HAVE BABIES HAVE BABIES! You can kick them if you really need to! Ok - maybe not but.....HAVE BABIES!